BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Best way to package bimx for structural engineer?

Anonymous
Not applicable
First time doing this...
I need to send the structural engineer the building model so that he can explore
and get dimensions of the building.

I just saved the job as a bimx file, but it asked me about cameras, I think I just left the first radio button selected. Do I need to save cameras paths for it to work? I didn't save any. I did save some views though.

Do I just send him the bimX file and the bimx explorer viewer?
Where do I find the bimx explorer viewer?

Is it the BimX uploader that I send with the bimX file???
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan:

The first time you create a BIMx file, there should be another file in the same location Get_BIMx.url, which will open a web page with links to the BIMx Viewers. Send the engineer the BIMx file and the Get_BIMx.url file, he should need to download the Viewer only the first time.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David,

I actualy sent the BIMx for Archicad 18 and the BIMx file Monday night and didn't hear anything yesterday about them not being able to use. Will call over there this morning and check. If they are having trouble with it I will send the URL.

Thanks again...Jon
Karl Ottenstein
URL is worth sending in any case, Jon:

(a) they'll have a link to the PDF quick reference card to help them navigate .. as well as to the full User Guide (text link above the download section).

(b) they're sure to download the most up-to-date version for their platform, since Windows and OS X links are there. [And, hey, maybe your engineer was born in France and wants the French version at that. 😉 ]
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
As it turns out, the structural engineer and his entire office is using Windows Vista and evidently, BIMx won't go there... UGH, All that for nothing... is about all I can say for now.
Learn and get certified!