Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Create Bimx Movie

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saved my camera views into the Bimx model. Will the movie only run on a lap top?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I opened the Bimx Model in "Bimx Desktop Viewer" but the movie does not play "Play on start after saving the Bimx file, next time it is opened the movie will play..." It is not playing!?!
Anonymous
Not applicable
More trouble. Tried publishing the Bimx w/ the camera path and got the following error: "Publishing of the item failed because ARCHICAD was unable to publish it". That's not a very helpful information message. Now what do I do???
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Jack Robinson,

If you create a BIMx Publisher set, and add a view you saved of a camera path to it (so not the individual cameras but the whole path), it should be saved out into the BIMx file as a video by default.

This video will be playable from the favorites in the mobile app. Here's an article explaining this.

On the desktop app you will be able to play the movie as well, you just have to click on the preview picture of the item in the gallery (see the attached picture).

Regarding your error, I am not sure what might be causing it based on this, I would need to see the file to be sure. I can try to take a look if you send it over to me, but you might be better off contacting your local support team about this, they should assist you much faster.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Barry Kelly
Glendixon wrote:
I want it to run on mobile phones, how can an online application be loved?
There is a BIMx app for mobile devices.
Please clarify what you mean by an online application.
Otherwise this post will be deleted as it really makes no sense.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!