cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Navigation in BimX Desktop Application.

Chris JT
Participant

Apologies if this has been asked a million times.....(i'm new here)

What are the chances of having BimX navigation in the desktop application using the same keyboard navigation as in Archicad when navigating in 3D?

In previous versions of BimX this was the case, but at some point this changed with the introduction of BimX navigation options such as 'Gamer Mode' etc.

Archicad 3D navigation should be transferred directly to BimX for the desk top application in my opinion as the default navigation method IMHO, along with the other options added by the developers.

Being a daily AC user for almost 20 years, its a bit annoying  that the AC basic 3D navigation doesn't translate directly to BimX. 

I don't wish to appear too overly unhappy - I'm a fan of AC & BimX : ) - just thought I'd ask the question.

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you would like such a functionality, you should make a wish, otherwise the chances are slim, I suppose.

If you make a wish, please post its link here for reference.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hey Laszlo,

Stupid question, how does one make a wish other than closing ones eyes and thinking of what you would like to have : )

Would you suggest writing to Graphisoft - is there a process for this?

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris, I am not Laszlo, but can answer your question.

Just go to the Wishes forum on this community and create a new post, or have a search for an existing one that you can add your 'Like' to.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/bd-p/ideas

Ideally copy and paste the URL from the wish and paste it back here so there is an easy link to it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11