Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Trees in BIMx inconsistent

kevin b
Contributor
I have a BIMx model of an interiors project, have placed several trees outside just to add some life beyond the windows. But the trees show up intermittently when I export to BIMx, most times they do not show up, but they did show up a couple of times so now I'm trying to resolve why, or what causes them to show or not. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried bitmap trees and modeled trees, all from the standard ArchiCAD library, the bit map ones showed up, the modeled trees showed up without leaves.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
4 REPLIES 4
kevin b
Contributor
And I should add, some of them show up sometimes but not all, even if they are all the same, say all bitmap. And if I "fly" outside they are all visible. I have tried adjusting the transparency settings in BIMx to the most transparent level but still nothing?

And the windows in question are a variety of curtain walls and standard windows, all with the same glass material assigned, and the type of window does not seem to have an effect (ie when I can see some trees but not all, it is independent of which type of window I am looking through.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Bimx can only show one layer of transparancy and I think there is an issue with showing textures through transparant materials. I'm guessing this is what is causing the problems you described.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
kevin b
Contributor
The odd thing is I can see some things through the windows but not the trees. And I can see the trees through some of the windows but not all of them (and they were all copied from one original. And it seems to change when I generate a new BIMx.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Kevin,

BIMX does support multiple layers of transparency, however, there does appear to be a limitation of displaying textures with an alpha channel through
transparent materials. Maybe this is what Erwin meant. See if the leaves on your trees have a material with an alpha channel texture. If so try changing the
material of the leaves to a material with a solid texture.

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center