Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Zermatt 2.0 // how to get radiosity to work??

Anonymous
Not applicable
After a lot of efford we finally got the Zermatt 2.0 engine for ArchiCAD 11 that is sooo nice!! and it works perfectly, just like the last version... but the new radiosity options do not seem to work somehow. I checked the Zermatt.se site and - yes..
I have a Nvidia Quadro 1300 FX (pixelshader 2.0) 128 Mb graphics card - which should do the trick --
If I understand correctly there should pop up some options for radiosity when saving a file as Zermatt but - that does not happen, it just gathers the file and announces 'complete' without ever mentioning anything else.

Does anyone have any experience with Zermatt 2.0 There don't seem to bee too many people who have it. (you can download a trial for free though if anyone cares to try) --
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have up-to-date drivers (ForceWare 162.50) - directX9.0c .. I even checked if my Quicktime was up to date //
I think ?! from what is said on the Zermatt site.. that radiosity is only calculated inside the Zermatt model itself. For most models I cannot use this option.. for some I can, radiosity seems to be calculated.. but this gives me a total blackout as a result? very frustrating.
Am I missing the point or is it something else?
Anonymous
Not applicable
How I done right now :

1. Export file to .exe
2. Open Zermattfile
2.5 Check your radiosity setup
3. press Z+C
4. done...

And it works for me with latest zermatt-version and ArchiCad 10 [SWE]

What step goes wrong for you?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to slightly change the focus of the thread, but does any one know if SEOs still work correctly in the Zermatt engine? Also are there any limitations on library parts?

I may try the trial version once I get a computer that fast enough to run it well, but it would be useful to know if I need to construct the model in AC in a specific way beforehand.

Many thanks.

Pete.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Turboglider -- that was one of the methods I tried.. but the model becomes fully black (unlighted) when I do that? And I was wondering.. the z-c keys set the sun position right? But I want the radiosity in the interior.. // is there anything specific I should know about the 'radiosity settings' step??
how does the interior look in your model after you have set the radiosity and calculated it?

Peter -- I believe there are no real limitations to the model.. what you see is what you get I believe - this still means you get SEO without problems (I have them in my models). Only setback is .. you get ALL of your model. In Zermatt 1 you could limit the output with your marquee but this does not work anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable
vin100 wrote:
Turboglider -- that was one of the methods I tried.. but the model becomes fully black (unlighted) when I do that? And I was wondering.. the z-c keys set the sun position right? But I want the radiosity in the interior..
how does the interior look in your model after you have set the radiosity and calculated it?
I don't have any lights in my model, do you? My render looked like it should even indoor.

Link to file : http://snogubben.com/testt2.zip
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes your test looks like it should .. also inside --
I have sky and sunlight in my model // and ?? in the test I just did I get 'not available' when I try to place the sun or calculate radiosity..
I'm going to remove the lightworks lights and retry now.

thnx 4 your reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
vin100 wrote:
Yes your test looks like it should .. also inside --
I have sky and sunlight in my model // and ?? in the test I just did I get 'not available' when I try to place the sun or calculate radiosity..
I'm going to remove the lightworks lights and retry now.

thnx 4 your reply
I know 1 year ago in an earlier version of Zermatt, I got very weird radiosity result if I have used lights in my ArchiCad modell. I tried that again now with normal result (the lightobjects from ArchiCad doesn't give any light in Zermatt)
Anonymous
Not applicable
weird .. in a normal slightly complex model I get 'not available' when I try to initiate a sunlight. For a simple testmodel (no light or anything) I get a pitchblack result, interior and exterior??? (see attachement)

SORRY // something wrong with the attachement ..
and the rest too -- now the sunlight is not available for the simple model either..
can't help but think that it might be something with this NVidia stuff (wouldn't be the first time. I'll try sum stuff and be back later.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your earlier reply Vin,

I will definitely investigate the program further when I get my Quad core, 8800gts 4Gb beast in a few days!

Cheers,

Pete.