BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

problems uploading to bimx portal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having problems uploading my files to he bimx portal

I don't know how to allow bimxuploader access to the web? any thoughts?

upload error.JPG

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the same problem. Sorry can't help just wanted the email alert when someone chimes in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem here. Can't upload to Public or Private Folder. Furthermore, when you click on the button to report a license problem (when uploading to a Private Folder), it takes you to a bad link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lennox wrote:
Having problems uploading my files to he bimx portal

I don't know how to allow bimxuploader access to the web? any thoughts?
Same problem here, maybe it's the antivirus? I've checked my firewall and it's fine.

I have tried from Windows 8, maybe that's the problem.
Barry Kelly
I think this is going to be a nightmare for some users.
I use 2 machines.
One is a PC that runs Symantec Endpoint Protection which controls the firewall globally across the company - the firewall is not controlled on the actual PC.
The other is a laptop that does not run Symantec but has its own antivirus protection.

On the laptop I got the message it couldn't connect but then it asked if I wanted to allow the connection.
I said yes and it all works great now.

On the PC no such luck - just the message that it can't connect.
No option to allow the blocked content.
The silly thing is I can access the BIMx website, log in see the files there, etc.
The publisher even says I am connected and logged in.
It just won't upload the files.
So now I will have to tackle our IT dept. and try to explain what is happening.
I just hope it is an easy fix as I would hate to do this individually for all potential users (100+).
If I get a result I will post back.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
I am still waiting to hear back from our IT dept. to see if it something on their end but I thought I would try BIMx in 16 and that uploads just fine.
And I don't see any firewall settings relating to version 16 BIMx at all.
That was the first time I have uploaded to the server from 16 and it just worked straight off.

Just tried straight BIMx upload from 17 and that goes nowhere at all.
Doesn't even let me choose a private folder.

Barry.
BIMx_upload.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have given up!

I didnt get any joy from the reseller - as I only have an SSA rather than UAS account ( with technical support ) . I have ended up uploading to dropbox with no problems at all.
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hey Guys,

If you have upload issues please send an e-mail to bimx [at] graphisoft [dot] com with your registered BIMx email address and your WIBU/CodeMeter key number(s). Please also state that at which step do you get stuck and which error message appears? There might be an issue with some of your account settings what we would like to check out.

Barry: When you try to choose a Private folder, have you created one already at the BIMx Transfer Site? In my experience you can only choose from your already existing Private folders and can't create a new one during upload.

Regards,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Barry Kelly
Hi Csaba,
I can now see the "Root" folder when I try to publish so I am not sure what that problem was.

The strange thing for me is I can't publish from my work PC but I can from my laptop using exactly the same WIBU key.

My PC does have a network controlled firewall where-as my laptop doesn't.
But they are both using exactly the same network.
I had our IT dept. have a look at it but they had no luck.
I was going to wait until the next hotfix when the user name issue is supposed to fix the problem.

It must be the firewall as my laptop had a message when I first tried that it couldn't access and did I want to allow it - which I did.
My PC however has never displayed this message.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Barry wrote:
Hi Csaba,
I can now see the "Root" folder when I try to publish so I am not sure what that problem was.

The strange thing for me is I can't publish from my work PC but I can from my laptop using exactly the same WIBU key.

My PC does have a network controlled firewall where-as my laptop doesn't.
But they are both using exactly the same network.
I had our IT dept. have a look at it but they had no luck.
I was going to wait until the next hotfix when the user name issue is supposed to fix the problem.

It must be the firewall as my laptop had a message when I first tried that it couldn't access and did I want to allow it - which I did.
My PC however has never displayed this message.

Barry.

Do you have a space or a special character in your username on the PC but not on the laptop? (Upload won't work until HF #4 if you have space or national character in your windows username)
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!