BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

"BIMx Viewer Installer" can't be opened

Tom Krowka
Booster
"BIMx Viewer Installer" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.

This is the message a client gets when trying to download the viewer. Any help I can relay to the client?

Are they supposed to buy the viewer? I thought the model viewer was free. I have uploaded a model to the GS website and am trying to make it available to the client.

Thanks
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you right-click on the file you will be given several options including option one to open it anyway.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Tom wrote:
"BIMx Viewer Installer" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.

This is the message a client gets when trying to download the viewer. Any help I can relay to the client?

Are they supposed to buy the viewer? I thought the model viewer was free. I have uploaded a model to the GS website and am trying to make it available to the client.

Thanks
Hi Tom,

the viewer is free, OS X's build in Gatekeeper may block mounting the disk image. Set the Gatekeeper settings to "Anywhere" as described here: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=25856/#Gatekeeper_8211_Security_Privacy

Starting from 10.9.5/10.10 Apple requires a new way of Code Signing of applications to be considered as being from and Identified developer.

I hope this helps,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks. Am forwarding the info to the client. I hope it works.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com