Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ARCHICAD 22 - HOW TO CALCULATE STAIR STRUCTURE VOLUME

Anonymous
Not applicable
So far i've been able to figure out most of the other parameters / properties / classification combinations to produce the calculations i need.

One thing that i stuck upon right now is i can't figure out how to calculate the volume of , for example, monolithic concrete stair structure.

I'm trying to create a property that will show the thickness of the concrete structure (property name = "structure thickness") to be used later in the volume calculation expression.

i have:
1. assigned the stair itself, structure, (flight & landing) to it's own classification and linked it to the "structure thickness" (just to make sure that no element has no classification assigned)
2. assigned "length" as structure thickness' data type
3. evaluate the structure thickness property of both stair and it's components in stair edit mode in 3D

but so far it still returns the result as "expression cannot be evaluated etc."

Any clue or advice would be greatly appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
poco2013
Mentor
If, in your expression, you do not see the yellow warning icon, then your expression itself is valid, and the problem is either with a conflict in the classification settings or the availability of a properties you are using.

You have not given sufficient info to determine which. A few screen shots would help.

However in expressions not all the properties listed for stairs are available for all types of stair construction. Most under just the main stairs group are, most under the stair structure group are not.
You just have to check them individually to see. Perhaps Archicad TS could help -- The help site is no help as to which are or are not.

There is a net volume property under general which may give you what you want. otherwise you could calculate the stair volume but nothing for runners as I could see?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply Gerry.

I'm gonna dig around deeper right now, hopefully with more luck this time
Anonymous
Not applicable
some screenshots of my problems
poco2013
Mentor
Although your version and the US version are slightly different,the properties you are trying to use are unavailable for the element selected. There are a number of properties which are only available for certain elements and there are also several errors in the default expressions.

See above.

You may want to contact Archicad TS as there is no listing defining which is available for what?
The errors have been reported but no response yet?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i see, so it's another incomplete / unfinished features then..

thanks for pointing that out Gerry, appreciate your help!
godi
Enthusiast
Is not a unfinished feature, is a lot worst. Simply, and I can’t understand why, graphisoft has ended support for "lists" in favour of the much less powerfull "schedules".
The newer objetcs, stairs and rails, can’t have parametric personaliced parameters, so you can obtain any parametric data of your interest from stairs nor rails