Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage Cabinet Tool - Delete Module

tjmillar
Enthusiast
I set up a cabinet with a drawer stack and added a narrow flat panel filler module to one side of it, as would be used when the cabinet is adjacent to a wall to provide clearance. I have made a copy of that cabinet and want to delete the flat panel to have a simple, single-module drawer stack.
I cannot find a way to delete that narrow flat panel. My understanding is that I am supposed to drag the hotspot separating the two modules off to the side of the cabinet, but when I do that the drawer module defaults back to a plain flat module, and I have to set up my drawer spacing and handles all over again. I could have done that many times over with the time it has taken me to try to solve this, but still, it's annoying not to be able to replicate my drawer setup.
Am I missing something or is this expected behaviour?
AC26 Australia, Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
tjmillar wrote:
My understanding is that I am supposed to drag the hotspot separating the two modules off to the side of the cabinet, but when I do that the drawer module defaults back to a plain flat module, and I have to set up my drawer spacing and handles all over again.

I am not using that object, but does it make a difference which direction you drag the hotspot.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
tjmillar
Enthusiast
Thanks Barry, appreciate it.
The directional drag difference is apparent and works as expected when dragging modules vertically - but not when dragging horizontally.
Despite the promotion of the tool being about it being intuitive and easy to learn, I find it fiddly and difficult to remember which settings are required for the desired outcome - though it is very versatile and capable of producing exactly what I need (eventually), which the Archicad tool certainly won't do. I am beginning to suspect a bug, but was hoping I had missed something simple and probably obvious to someone else - just not to me! Something like direction of drag as you suggested, or a way to re-set the default module type, or a setting required to bring up a different hotspot for dragging. In the end it seems that it's best to just rebuild the drawer module.
AC26 Australia, Windows 10
Barry Kelly
While waiting for a reply here, you may find it quicker (and better) to contact support at Central Innovation directly.
If you have a Select Agreement, that is exactly what you are paying for.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also struggling with this. I would love to just simply delete a module of a cabinet but I seem to be unclear on it.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Guys - sorry, i haven't checked in the forums recently, so i missed this.

Happy to help, I just can't quite follow what the problem is - as you mentioned, dragging the partition outside of the cabinet is the way to remove them. Is that not working for you?

Could you post a screenshot or something showing the issue? Or log a support ticket with us and we can help you that way?
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200