BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Changes got lostt!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im working here with an engeener.. we use archicad teamwork online.. using hamachi to make a VLAN..

he was making changes to the instalation while i was modifiyng the architeture..

he spent all night modifying.. and saving..

today he clicked in send and recive changes, and a "do you want to save changes" window appeared..

he thought it was already saved so he just closed that windows..

then.. archicad started loading for a while.. and when it finihed, the engeenering changes were gone..
the modifications in the architecture i had made.. appeared in his computer, however.. his changes disappeared

I also recived changes in my computer, but there were no modifications..

why did this happened????
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone?
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
It sounds like there were many changes to the underlying network that Teamwork relies on, while you were working in teamwork.

Here you should consider saving a PLN from both client machines. Examine which PLN is more up to date and re-share that project.

Additionally, since it sounds like the network was modified, it would probably be best to remove TeamworkInfo_v2.xml and connections.xml from the client machines. These files can be found on a pc in \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Graphisoft and \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Graphisoft\ConnectionInfo\14.0.0 respectively.
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having similar problems and we cannot blame it on system changes. We open the project and find changes we made and sent aren't there. It has happened several times in the last month. Why does this keep happening?

You advise to save "a PLN from both client machines". How do you do that? The only place I can find it is on the server. The Local Data Manager says the local data is in C:\Users\[MyName]\Graphisoft\TW Data. ArchiCAD won't open any of those files.

If we open the file from the BIM Server, which is the only way I can see to do it, we get the info that is on the server, which does not include the latest changes.
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Kevan,

The best tool Tech Support has currently to discover why something isn't working is the Support Package. These packages our users create and send into us. These can be created from the help menu/create support package. If you have a known case of something that is not being sent to the server, then it would be helpful to create a screen shot highlighting the object. The issue I am thinking of is, if you run a send and receive and another user runs a send and receive and still only you see the object, while the other user with the same layer combinations set does not see it, then that is the time to create this support package and a screen shot.

The support package is a bit of a misnomer, because it is unlikely we will be able to "support" you with it in an immediate way. The fix to your specific problem, more than likely, will only arrive in the next hotfix. Although in some cases we are able to provide important suggestions after examining its contents.

In cases like the one you mentioned, you and your teamwork colleagues should save a PLN, via the file/save as menu item. This is just a safety, in the event you need to re-share the project. The PLNs also provide a reference if certain elements need to be copy/pasted back into the teamwork project.

Re-share the project if this problem persists universally with all users. If it is only occurring with one user, then that user with the assistance of the local data manager should remove his/her local data and then reload from server.

Hope this has been helpful,
Graphisoft Technical Support
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!