BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC-export

Kamelite
Enthusiast

I have a building that consist of walls made of logs. However, when exporting to IFC, something happens that I can't explain (see picture)

Kamelite_0-1668935666606.png

The leftmost picture is from AC25, the rightmost picture is from Solibri (It looks similar twith Zoom aswell)

The second story walls are copy/Paste from 1.floor, but still 1.floor walls don't behave as expected, yet second story do. 

Any ideas?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
3 REPLIES 3
Kevin Lee
Enthusiast

For complex geometry building, I would suggest you use the IFC translator geometry conversion set to BREP. 

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Data-Exchange-articles/IFC-Translator-Conversion-Settings-for-IF...

Kevin Lee

Director of Technology | BIM

TZG Architects

This is the log-function in Archicad in use. What you sau about BREP might work, but it doesn't answer my question: How come it look like logs in the second story, but not the first?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
Kevin Lee
Enthusiast

It's tough to answer without seeing how it's been modelled.

I'm happy to review the model (probably best to save the potion of the model in mod) or I suggest you contact the local reseller to check the model. it must be a layer priority or a simple junction issue.  

Kevin Lee

Director of Technology | BIM

TZG Architects
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!