BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Quantification MEP?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to make the quantification for mep objects, I can make a list in which shows me the number of pipes in one story, but I cant get to show me the diameter of each pipe/tee/duct/ (or (eg. 3/4" or 1 1/2" ), and also cant get listed the lenght of the pipe (eg. 4 meters of pipe).

I have try by IFC properties, but it only shows me roof, wall, beams, etc properties.

Does Archicad can make quantification of MEP objects in detail ? Or do I need another software or plug-in?

If I need another software can you please recommend me one? Since in my work I have been asked to make this quantification.

Thank you all!
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
anshesita:

The information is there, but you will need to dive further into the objects' parameters for the Interactive Schedule. For example, for the Pipe Straight 19 object, under Scheme Settings > Fields, click the arrow next to the Add button, and select Add Object Parameters. Navigate to the MEP Library 19 > 23 HVAC 19 > 23 20 00 HVAC Piping and Pumps 19 > 23 21 13 Hydronic Piping 19 > Pipe Straight 19. You will see a list of available parameters to list, for the Length select Length (MEP_StraightLength), for the diameter you can select Nominal Size (ConNominalWidth_1) or Main 1 Connection Out... (ConWidth_1). Once these have been added to your schedule, you and a sum for the lengths if desired. It helps to look at an Object's parameters to see which parameters you need before going to the IS (Interactive Schedule).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!