Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Unable a zone from being recognised by objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Is there a way I can make a zone frozen in a way that it is not recognised by objects. In our project we have many zones for different purposes and I would like most of them to be ignored by objects so that they get the properties from the zone I want to ( which are the zones who assign the names of the flats).

Thank you,

Eleni
4 REPLIES 4
Hello Eleni,

I use zone about different kind of area into different layers.
I use to modify one kind of them into hatch to keep area
Finally I use Zone without height to be not recognised by objects.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Christophe,

Many thanks for coming back! Unfortunately, we need to keep different zones as zones in order to be listed in different types of schedules ( it is a complex project on an existing building so we need to show many different things in schedules, like which area is existing compared to proposed, which area is now Flat 1 or 2 etc which is a different zone, then schedules of objects etc). I tried making some zones 0 height hoping that they will not be recognised but it did not work... I do not know maybe I do something wrong there.
Thank you anyway, useful to know what other users do.
Eleni,

Just position your zones above or below your objects to avoid a link between them.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, it does work; I thought it'd create some kind of superposition issue, but no, everything's fine with it.