Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

XREF Paperspace?

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Is anyone aware of any way to XREF Paperspace information?

I don't think it's possible within AuotCAD itself, so I doubt it is possible in ArchiCAD, but it sure would be nice if when we attached an XREF in the layout, ArchiCAD inserted the Paperspace information of the DWG.

I've been trying to think of other ways of creating a live link to Paperspace information, and apart from PDF or inserting a Drawing via PLT(!) have not come up with anything.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Link.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
EDIT: I jumped the gun on this and started answering before reading your whole post I'll leave the following though for those who might find it useful.

The most reliable is to File > Open the DWG and you will have the option of opening paperspace to layouts.

I have used this to get backgrounds that include annotations not visible in modelspace. To get them into plan view the best thing is to save as DWF and then place that as a drawing. It will have to be rescaled. As I recall the DWF comes in at the size of the paper and needs to be scaled up by the reciprocal of the drawing scale.

It may also be possible to place, merge or xRef the DWG onto a layout but as I recall this didn't work for me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
To properly answer your question...

One method if you have access to AutoCAD is to publish the DWF from there and place that as a drawing. I'm not sure if you can xRef DWF but the placed drawing should work just as well and is easier to update than an xRef.

Of course this is not exactly a live link but AFAIK there it is not possible to xREF paperspace. Is it even possible in AutoCAD? I've never tried.

Perhaps this could be a wishlist item, to have the same model/paperspace dialog when xRefing or placing a DWG as you do when opening. The trouble would be when there are multiple paperspaces in the DWG. I suppose the really cool way to deal with that would be like the PDF where you can pick your page.