BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

sql query

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I have a pln with a lot of hotlinked modules. Is there a way to have an sql query to show the number of stories for each hotlinked pln???

Please help!
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Not that I know of. The only data available for SQL query within AC (via Calculate menu) is listed via the command "Show data structure..." This lists all tables and fields that can be retrieved. There is no information on hotlinks. The only story data is for the current project itself.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Thanks Karl.

*sigh*
Karl Ottenstein
Achille wrote:
Thanks Karl.

*sigh*
You're welcome. Maybe someone from GS will reply .. it is possible that they did not document all tables...? But, I'm also not sure that anything about the SQL feature has been changed or improved since it was first introduced...
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Thanks Karl.

Where can I find an online guide to sql language?
Karl Ottenstein
Almost any SQL guide on the web that you find will be close, although GS uses the FLAT keyword that I had not seen elsewhere.

An easy way to get some correct SQL syntax is if you already happen to have a copy of Microsoft Access. You can create a visual query there and then switch to SQL mode to see the corresponding SQL code.

AC comes with a PDF called "04 ... Calculation Guide.pdf" in the Documentation folder which has info on SQL beginning on page 52. There, it mentions that the Graphisoft ODBC documentation (on GS web site) gives the details for Graphisoft's version of SQL. We used to be able to just download this. Now they have some kind of application process:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/index.html

Karl
Learn and get certified!