Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3D printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I just did a quick search on zcorp, and found some posts from last year where people seemed to have issues getting a good 3D print from an AC model. We're a service bureau, specializing in architectural models using the ZCorp printer mostly, and some SLA as well. We've also been using AC for a couple of years, with great success. If anyone has questions on the process, I'd be happy to help. You can see many examples of these models at alchemymodels.com.
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Dwight
Newcomer
You might compete by hand with conventional models, but the sub-miniature is owned by the machine.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect for snow globes too!
Gary Lawes
Participant
Just to say we are offering this service in the UK for anyone interested.

ArchiCAD models are absolutely superb as they are generally very well structured, and with the ability to seperate stories by increasing storey settings in AC it is esay to create a model with lift off roofs and storeys.

Large models can easily be assembled from a number of 3D prints and superb details can be pulled from the model and printed in 3D using the marquee.

With all textures applied as they apear in ArchiCAD. The end result is a rugged model far stronger than traditionaly made models, that look absolutely superb. Our prices are typically £450 per single model.

Gary
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
Dwight
Newcomer
let us see.
Dwight Atkinson
Gary Lawes
Participant
Hi Dwight,

I have just dragged this one from the back of my car and photographed it. It is an assembly detail for a rendering system manufacturer, based on a timber framed building. It gives a good example of how well the textures are carried through and are mapped, if you wish I can post a rendering of the ArchiCAD modelfor texture comparison.

All the best

Gary
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
Dwight
Newcomer
this is printed in one block and not assembled in any way?
Dwight Atkinson
Gary Lawes
Participant
Yes in one block, it is almost the full size of the platten, so it is close to the maximum that can be printed in a single file.
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
Gary Lawes
Participant
I should say that this is a duff one, which is why I had it at home here. You may see some traces of powder on the right hand edge that were not fully removed before fixing.
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
Dwight
Newcomer
wow. all them colors.
Dwight Atkinson