Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC13 -> Cinema4D 11.5 export problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been using Cinema 4d R11.5 with AC13 more and less sucessfully for a while.
Otherwise the export for AC to C4D works fine but depending of the project, the elements end up sometimes really far away from the origin in C4D and I can't figure out how to fix that problem so I've been using .3DS format in those cases instead.

What I mean is:
I save the 3D model from AC to .C4D and open it up in C4D. Sometimes it works just fine and I can start working on visualisations right away.
But usually when I open the file in C4D I see only the imported light (AC sun) in the C4D viewport. The imported elements list up correctly and they're there as well but reeeeally far away from the origin. If i hit "o" to center the view to active object, it just gives me an empty view. (see the picture attached - especially the coordinates palette).

And yes, sometimes this happenns sometimes it won't. It depends on the file though I can't figure out what's the crucial difference between them; I've tried to move stuff more near to the origin in AC, I've tried to change the scaling factor in AC-C4D export settings and I've been changing the units in both programs - no help. Some files from the same computer just export correctly and and some won't
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Amazing how none so far had interest so far, obviously not many people are using archicad's addons, probably becouse they know they are no god and full of bugs.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We export to C4D all the time, however our C4D guys and girls prefer the Dinnye exporter over the Graphisoft Exporter.

Not sure exactly, why (could find out if you're really interested), but it works flawlessly AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
owen
Newcomer
+1 for the Dinnye .AC4D exporter ... way better than the Graphisoft/Maxon plugin for Viz purposes.

Give it a try - it works flawlessly. If you decide to keep using it please remember to make a donation on his page - he deserves some support as he's done a far better job in his own spare time than the guys who are paid to make the 'official' plugin

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5