Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD 14 and Encina

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Now that news of ArchiCAD 14 has been released, I felt it was timely to mention that Encina has been involved in the beta test, and our add-ons will be ready to release in parallel with this new version.

As before, ArchiCAD 14 versions of our add-ons will be available at no charge to registered users (and students). The new versions will automatically recognise your existing registration, so it will simply be a matter of downloading and installing the update.

I can't say anything more about ArchiCAD 14 at this stage because the conditions of the NDA still apply.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ralph! One more question about NFR Licensies for Objective. What way I can obtain it? I have NFR key and want use Objective for demonsrtration.

PS. I`m from Russia.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
crazyASD wrote:
Hi Ralph! One more question about NFR Licensies for Objective. What way I can obtain it? I have NFR key and want use Objective for demonsrtration.
If you're an ArchiCAD reseller, you can apply for the NFR version here.

Otherwise, you can obtain a 1-month trail registration code here.

In either case, we have had instances where our email is blocked or sidelined by spam filters. If you don't see a reply, check that it hasn't been pushed into a 'Junk' folder. Otherwise contact us through our contact page and we will get the registration code to you by other means.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Objective news is always good and fun in line with the development release AC
Brett Brown
Advocate
Ralph wrote:
I can't say anything more about ArchiCAD 14 at this stage because the conditions of the NDA still apply.
Can you say anything now Ralph?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Brett wrote:
Can you say anything now Ralph?
The conditions of the NDA have been lifted, so it's OK to ask questions now (although most will soon have AC14 for themselves).

Updates to our add-ons for AC14 are available for download from the usual place. This update is free.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Brett Brown
Advocate
So no new tools from Encina?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Brett wrote:
So no new tools from Encina?
We have a new add-on linking the National Building Specification (NBS) to ArchiCAD, ensuring references to clauses in the ArchiCAD project model remain synchronised with the specification. There are tools for inserting clauses directly from the spec, comparing/updating changes, and viewing guidance/manufacturer info.

This add-on is only relevant to countries using NBS, so the tool is currently being promoted through relevant resellers. Please contact your reseller if you are interested in this tool, e.g. Bite Design Ltd and Applecore Designs in the UK.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
We have a new add-on linking the National Building Specification (NBS) to ArchiCAD, ensuring references to clauses in the ArchiCAD project model remain synchronised with the specification. There are tools for inserting clauses directly from the spec, comparing/updating changes, and viewing guidance/manufacturer info.
It's interesting to learn you are involved Ralph. Looks like a great idea!

There is a video of the NBS add-on on the GraphisoftUK youtube site here that shows the general workflow.

I notice it is also mentioned in a short news piece in AEC Magazine - May/June 2010 edition on page 4.
Brett Brown
Advocate
I think the question has to be asked whether this tool can be used for other countries. We in NZ have a Specification System very similar to NBS so hopefully it is not UK only.