cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD on OS X Yosemite 10.10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys

ArchiCAD crashes all the time on OS X Yosemite 10.10.

When is ArchiCAD 18 being released which will be more stable Yosemite.

Cheers
Joe
72 REPLIES 72
Rick Thompson
Expert
All I have opened, which have been several. Two computers, different video boards, both with Yosemite.... It was really weird to see the fills flash on when I scrolled the pdf in Preview. I could not repeat it. Maybe I am just tripping and this is not real?
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
JaredBanks
Mentor
seems reasonable!
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Dennis Lee
Booster
My Archicad 18 is crashing very often, usually right after some shortcut keys, such as alt-F, command-F, command-shift-d, M, D (for distance in the middle of moving or copying something), etc.

I already uninstalled the Yosemite Beta (and the Apple's Feedback assistant) and installed a fresh copy of Yosemite, but it is still happening very often. This is not really helping my first MAC experience at all.

Am I the only one that has these crashes related to shortcuts?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've red someone had similar problem a few pages back. Sometimes when you zoom in/out archicad starts flickering. Can't locate the source of this problem, decided to post here.

My spec: iMac 27" 3.4GHz Intel Core i5
16GB 1600 MHz DD3
GTX 775M 2048MB

Dennis Lee
Booster
I reset my iMac to factory default by erasing the Mac Hard drive and re-installing the OS X Yosemite. Everything seems to be running smooth now. My guess is that some where along the lines of transferring my PC files over to Mavericks, then installing Yosemite Beta, then upgrading to final Yosemite, then deleting feedback assistant app, some things got screwed.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Eduardo Rolon
Rick wrote:
I upgraded both AC18 and Yosemite and now have a pdf issue. Some fills do not display, however, they do print from the pdf, despite not showing up.

Anyone else having this issue, or what to do about it??? PDF's are my main way of selling plans and communicating, so this is bad.

Note the screen shot. No soft insulation fill in walls or details, other than color, and no roof fill. The same fill does display on the ridge vent which is a profile. The siding displays.

>>>> I have discovered hairlines have something to do with it. I can change the pen from hairlines and it displays... though fat lines:(
Got bitten today with this.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Rick Thompson
Expert
I am sorry for you, but glad as that must mean it is not just me, so more hope for a fix.. My other issue of loosing the 3D SmartParts windows (just the 2D part in plan), was fixed by a reinstall of AC. I have not in-run the update 4020.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
DGSketcher
Legend
ksprs wrote:
I've red someone had similar problem a few pages back. Sometimes when you zoom in/out archicad starts flickering. Can't locate the source of this problem, decided to post here.

My spec: iMac 27" 3.4GHz Intel Core i5
16GB 1600 MHz DD3
GTX 775M 2048MB

+1. Just adding my name to the list. Same spec apart from 8GB RAM. I have a feeling it may be linked to the display of trace references in other windows but can't pin it down. Sometimes it occurs with each zoom on the scroll wheel other times everything runs smooth as expected.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Potato Farmer
Mentor
+1 for the flickering. No pattern detected so far, but switching to another app and back seems to help.

I've also noticed a strange display bug where fills and covers fills of slabs show a large grid when selected. It also occurs with percentage fills, whether selected or not. Not sure if it prints.

Lastly, AC18 launch times on Mac are many times slower than Win7.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Eduardo Rolon
Geoff wrote:
+1 for the flickering. No pattern detected so far, but switching to another app and back seems to help.

I've also noticed a strange display bug where fills and covers fills of slabs show a large grid when selected. It also occurs with percentage fills, whether selected or not. Not sure if it prints.

Lastly, AC18 launch times on Mac are many times slower than Win7.
+1
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator