Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculate windows from N S E W

RandyC
Advocate
Can we use expressions or something similar to calculate glazing areas on seperate elevations views ?
ie: N,S,E,W
to create totals for limiting distance calculations ? Is it possible ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
1 REPLY 1
Hello,

I've allready done that with AC19 by naming all my windows with a ID like this "North-W17-A"
But I've never did it again with AC20, AC21 or 22

I had to say that the way you understand our window direction is not as easy as we can imagine
Example : On a large south-west facing facade it is sometimes better to consider a window as being of the same orientation than the others rather than giving it a full west or south orientation. It is an observation which was made by a thermist and that I am since then. I advise you to consider the estimated orientation of each elevation of the frame and with the help of your thermist then give your windows a property (from AC20) to be able to quantify the glazed surfaces by orientation.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin