Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door schedule, how to remove an emty door?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some empty doors in my project and I can't remove the from my door list, I looked under the filters but I can't find how, can some one will be kind to show me how?
Thank you!
Mario Igartua

1.jpg
34 REPLIES 34
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome.
You are an eager student.
Lots of questions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Lazslo,

The thing is that I have been working with Archicad for many years just doing simple floor plans,section, etc but I didn't put a lot of attention to all it's features because I used to have draftsmans in my office working in autocad and realized the amount of time they spent on drawing plans in the project.
Looking at this, I went deeply in Archicad, teached some of the people, took the training videos and we are producing almost full projects in Archicad with half of the people I used to have.
I have been playing around with windows and door tools but I think it's a little dificult if you want to design a special door or window in Archicad.
I have been looking at 3rd. party tools like CadImage tools and Cigraph's ArchiTile and look very interesting and easy to use, and most important is that as far as I've read, this tools simplifies a lot of work and get a great results.
What do you think about this tools? have you had any experience with them?
Thank you again.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rucailo wrote:
Thank you Lazslo,

The thing is that I have been working with Archicad for many years just doing simple floor plans,section, etc but I didn't put a lot of attention to all it's features because I used to have draftsmans in my office working in autocad and realized the amount of time they spent on drawing plans in the project.
Looking at this, I went deeply in Archicad, teached some of the people, took the training videos and we are producing almost full projects in Archicad with half of the people I used to have.
I have been playing around with windows and door tools but I think it's a little dificult if you want to design a special door or window in Archicad.
I have been looking at 3rd. party tools like CadImage tools and Cigraph's ArchiTile and look very interesting and easy to use, and most important is that as far as I've read, this tools simplifies a lot of work and get a great results.
What do you think about this tools? have you had any experience with them?
Thank you again.
Yes, the way you are doing them now is probably the way AC is meant to be used.

Yes, there are some issues with creating more complex Doors/Window, especially if you want to make them parametric at the same time.

Unfortunately, I have not worked with either CadImage or Cigraph tools (shame on me), but many guys in the Forum have, so you can find a lot of useful info abou those, too. My impression has been that both companies are creating very good ArchiCAD Add-Ons as many time one can read people asking Graphisoft through the forum to buy these Add-Ons and make them permanently part of ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am going to play with their 30 day triaals and see if it's worth it, I'll let you know.
Thanks a lot!!
you're a great teacher.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome and thanks.