cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Editing an existing List Scheme Template - HOW?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to edit an existing list template, besides the obvious but impractical procedure of opening the .TXT file in a plain text editor and directly editing the code?

I tried to find a way to edit it using the Format Wizard in the Setup List schemes - List Format window - but it only lets me create a new list template, I can't find a way to convince it to load an existing template (.txt) and edit it.
12 REPLIES 12
TomWaltz
Participant
Where is this information coming from? More to the point, which of it is part of the list and which of it is coming from parameters of elements in Archicad?

You're right, Scheduler does not round on its own, though you can set Calculation Units in your project to round for you. It will only round mathematically, though, not round up 😞

The major differences I see are
1) That this would probably take several different schedules, but you could easily put them on layouts to build the same document.
2) Scheduler doesn't put units on anything
Tom Waltz
Rick Thompson
Expert
As far as different schedules, what I posted is generated from 7 different list, combined in Excel, so that's no problem. Much of the list is pulled from property objects.. an exterior wall pulls out DW, mud, tape, studs, plates, sheathing, cladding, paint, insulation etc. All my composites are linked to property objects. All the framing is from objects I ID to what the member is (2x10x12, 2x10x16, 2x8x10pt.. etc.)

Units are the bases of a material list, so, that's a bummer IS can't do units. That I didn't know, but like I said, I gave up using it for this purpose. About all I use it for is a list of drawings/sheets, windows and doors. I read too many post with people getting inconsistent results, especially with new releases.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
tanks Maudlin for the syntax file.
Just to make things a little easier is there any explained tutorial or example?