Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Font Translation

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Members, this post is on behalf of a colleague:

Hi – we need some help for a client to be able to control font conversion properly. All the online help in ArchiCAD Wiki and tr.graphisoftus.com talks about is mapping Fonts in ArchiCAD to Styles in AutoCAD. However, I recall that there is a way to use an XML file to map Fonts in ArchiCAD to Fonts in AutoCAD.

Styles are a very old way for AutoCAD to refer to text attributes, mostly people use Fonts now just like we do, but the AutoCAD naming of Fonts is somewhat different than ours so I believe a mapping is necessary. I remember reading something about this online, but can’t track it down now. I may even have an XML file somewhere that I used for a client some time ago, but don’t have time to find it.

Do you have any info written up on how to do this – use an XML file to map Fonts to Fonts?
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
0 REPLIES 0