cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Help with Door and Window Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting to know the workflow for ArchiCAD and I am wondering what the best way is to set up door and window schedules? I was very excited initially about the parametric aspects of ArchiCAD and BIM modeling. I thought it was very cool how you could place a window in plan and how it automated to show in elevation, etc. But as I look at the door and window schedules now I don't see any room location or specifics as far as the window function - i.e. if it's a casement, awning, etc. - they;re also not showing the room location. I set up zones and named them all...am I doing something wrong? I would like to be able to show the following:

Room names/location for doors and windows
Distinguish which doors and windows are new and which are existing (right now all the existing D&W are showing up o the schedules which isn't necessary
Have the type of window/function indicated on the schedule

Thanks very much - I do mostly residential architecture so if there is a better way or more residential specific way please let me know...thank you!
11 REPLIES 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Pleased we got the Schedule sorted.

On the window front it could be a local (USA) library issue. If you are still stuck with one type of window not playing nice it may be worth starting a new thread to see if others have the same problem or know of a fix. My initial reaction would be to check reveal depths and casing settings if you think your windows are facing the right way.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea - THANK YOU for your help 😉