Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to list multi-unit windows in a schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lets say I have 1 MU casement that has 3 windows in it and the width is 12'-0" total. On the schedule, it shows 1 window 12'-0" wide. Is there to label it so its 3 windows, 4'-0" each ? Because if I change the text in the schedule, it will change the window on the plan.

The reason I want to change it is that's more of the convention for window schedules. What is the convention that works in AC schedules that others have used?
9 REPLIES 9
Chazz
Enthusiast
If it schedules as three separate windows then I think it should be modeled that way too (and labeled that way on plan etc).

I use Cadimage's Door&Window Builder (which has its own schedule issues) and it has a way to turn off trims and other lines so that adjacent windows can be placed side by side and still look like a single unit while scheduling as multiple units. I thought that AC introduced something similar in V10 or before.

Or am I missing your point?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe this will help. Its an awning MU window from AC11
Chazz
Enthusiast
Mess around with the alignment and ganging checkboxes under the Options section of the Parameters (or it can be dinked with visually under settings/general settings).
Chazz
Enthusiast
And to maybe overstate the obvious, I'm suggesting that instead of placing one window with 3 sashes, you place 3 windows with one sash each and set them up with the appropriate ganging options so they look yummy AND schedule correctly.

BTW, Even though I have never done anything but fly over Minnesota, I feel like I know the place and it's people intimately since I've been listening to Prairie Home Companion for years.

Powdermilk Biscuits!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Never been here before huh, then you should stop by in the winter, its not that much different than Santa Cruz !

It seems like an inefficient way to do the windows since they already have a way to make 3 sashes in one. Now we have to go back and make 3 windows. I don't get it.
Chazz
Enthusiast
tan wrote:
Never been here before huh, then you should stop by in the winter, its not that much different than Santa Cruz !

Oh you have cold winters out there too? Let me tell you, this winter was brutal. Twice I had to give up shorts AND drive with the top up! Global warming, global shmorming

tan wrote:
It seems like an inefficient way to do the windows since they already have a way to make 3 sashes in one. Now we have to go back and make 3 windows. I don't get it.
Keep your head down and don't make trouble. It's the way we do things around here....
David Maudlin
Rockstar
tan wrote:
Tan:

Using the individual units is modeling the project the way it will be built. If the window manufacturer offered a triple awning unit (as they might for other window types), then you could could put in one window and schedule it that way, but they don't, you have to order 3 windows and gang them together on site, so the individual units simply reflect this.

I know, not the answer you were looking for, but I have found this method the best way to manage the model, documentation, and what is available in the real world.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you build your window schedule using the NCS Window sch. you can have it extract any selection that you make on a window. But it does create a new column in your whole schedule and will be blank on any windows that do not have that selection.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have kind of the same problem but reverse. I have a multi window that have to be constructed with 3 different windows, but I need that they are scheduled as one. Because they have a single metal frame around them. And factory assumes this as one window. And I just can't make work in Archicad