Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC, ArchiCAD, Revit, ADT, --- Again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok - I just learned something today. I exported an IFC file from ArchiCAD 10 (10 megs) and gave it to a coworker who opened (imported) the IFC file into ADT - aka Autodesk Architecture version 8 (I think). ADT created a new DWG file for each 'level' that I have in my drawing, (ie. Site Level, Lower Lever, Main Level, Upper Level, etc..)

The walls were walls, the windows were windows, the doors were doors. The whole thing together looked very much (but not exactly) like my model from AC10. So...

#1 - Why was I unaware of this ability? I've tried to stay up-to-date, but was told that AC10 can not talk to Autocad/ADT at all.
#2 - Is this new for AC10?
#3 - Anyone have extensive knowledge/experience in exporting to IFC from AC10?
#4 - Can I export an object as a Solid or a Mass Element? My Objects (posts/rafters/beams/etc..) came into ADT as 'Structural Members'.

Anyone? Yes, I will be reading much in the IFC_Guide_2xEd2_v3p5.pdf file over the next feww days/weeks. Can someone give me a jumpstart?

By the way - I was impressed with its ability - it takes us a great leap forward to our ultimate goal.
0 REPLIES 0