BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC export from Utecture - Missing elements

Alinesbauer
Newcomer

I’m trying to export IFC files from Utecture, a Cloud-based platform, however, when importing to ArchiCAD, all the wall and roof coverings are missing,  windows and doors turn into wall sections and the furniture is also missing.

Below I attached a  photo of how it should look like, which is how Utecture presents the IFC model and how it looks like when I open the IFC file on ArchiCAD.

utec.jpgarchi.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

There could be 2 issues. Firstly the model may not be exported correctly, so I would check the IFC export in a free IFC viewer. Solibri or BIMCollab for example. If it looks wrong there, it is an issue with the export. If it looks right there, then you will need to look at the IFC Translator you have used in Archicad for the import.

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX

Thanks for your reply.

It seems my problem is with the export.

Alinesbauer_1-1686014601952.png

I opened with BIMcollab.

Good luck finding the right export setting in the other software. Sorry I don't have any experience with it, so it is outside of my expertise.

Regards Nathan

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
Learn and get certified!