Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing .3ds into AC 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to work on a File from 3D Studio Max. I've been given files in both .max and .3ds file formats.

I did a little searching and I was only able to find add-ons for older versions of AC. Is there a way to import and work on these files in AC 11?
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Dom wrote:
I did a little searching and I was only able to find add-ons for older versions of AC. Is there a way to import and work on these files in AC 11?
If you really did do a 'little searching' of this forum, you would have read many posts on this topic and found that the import add-on is a 'Goodie'. The download page is accessed from your Help menu. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Chazz
Enthusiast
....and the key to success in using this goodie is the same for success in marriage: "Keep very low expectations"

Imported 3DS files are OK for rendering, no fun for hidden line work (sections, elevations, etc). Good Luck.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I was looking for, Thanks very much.

I was trying to locate that page directly through graphisoft's web site while I was at home this weekend. Let's just say their site could use some improvement in the 'way finding' department.