Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing Environment Agency Lidar

AustinACD
Participant
Hi,

I've a query that I've not managed to dig out an answer too... In the UK the environment agency has released open source data, this includes LIDAR scans. https://environment.data.gov.uk/ds/survey/#/survey

I'm trying to work out how to create either a mesh/morph/3D element of a site from this data. I've never experimented/experienced this data or GIS software, has anyone had any luck converting/importing this data?

Are you able to talk me through how to do this?

Thanks in advance
Austin
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to use a GIS, generate contours, export to dwg and import to Archicad. Combine contours with mesh to generate terrain.
tsturm
Newcomer
i asked my Civil engineer if the data set he was using for the contours we in 3D and if he could send me the mesh or surface. What i received from them is something called a LiDAR. The included image is what I see when I import the file into AC 24. There is nothing that AC sees as 3D data. I would need to make something 3D from this data is my presumption. Has anyone taken the LiDAR and made it into something 3D before it comes into AC? Or is the best work flow to bring in flat CAD contours and build up a mesh from this data?

Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000