Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive schedule-List Items based on zone number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to create a schedule of furniture by room number(zone #).

Each room needs to be shown on its own page, with cost totals for each room. The basic problem i'm having is I don't see a tab in the Schedule Settings box to set the criteria to a particular zone.

This is a 7 story building, and I have already set it by floor, I just want it broken down more.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

-Nathan
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
To be clearer, this is what I really want to do.

I want anything NOT in a zone to NOT show in the schedule.
However I don't want to put those items on a different layer, or necessarily change their ID to " ". (Objects outside the zones are alternate layouts that are still being considered.)

BTW, has anyone considered how scheduling and the fabled Options Manager are going to interact?

-Nathan
Djordje
Ace
Nathan wrote:
Is placing marquees and saving selections an option?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Nathan wrote:
To be clearer, this is what I really want to do.

AFAIK, you cannot do this with I.S. as there is no criteria for parent zones. (Note: any object can belong to any number of zones, since zones can overlap.)

This can be done in SQL from within AC (Windows or OS X), or using ODBC (Windows only).

It appears that there are zone criteria in the list schemes of the calc menu, so perhaps you can accomplish this there ... I haven't taken the time to try. Because objects can belong to zero or more zones, and I only see a single zone field there, I'm not sure offhand what the approach would be there. Maybe someone else who has done this can post.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Nathan wrote:
Is placing marquees and saving selections an option?
Djorde,
Sorry for the delay in this response...I was just re-reading through some of the calculation/scheduling threads

I don't believe the interactive scheduler will let you limit or filter out the model by using the marquee or selecting specific entities...it wants to report form the whole model as far as I can tell.

Curiously, standard listing will let you do this...i'm not sure why IS won't

Can anyone confirm this?

Dan K
Djordje
Ace
Dan wrote:
I don't believe the interactive scheduler will let you limit or filter out the model by using the marquee or selecting specific entities...it wants to report form the whole model as far as I can tell.
It will work only on the selected set of items, AFAIK. Not the marquee, though.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen