Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Keynote Label

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one know the proper way to load and use the free Keynote Label Object created by "fuzzytnth3"?

I tried placing the downloaded object in a newly created folder titled "3rd Part Objects" and loaded it through the Library Manager. When I tried accessing this new object via the object tool, the folder was not visible although it shows up in the Active Library displayed in the Library Manager window.
3 REPLIES 3
It's a Label, so it will only be available via the Label Tool (not the Object Tool).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laura.

I took your advice and opened the Label Setting window (see attached) and selected Load Other Label from the drop down menu on the upper right to browse and select the downloaded keynote.

Initially the preview window was empty. When I selected 'Off" for Show Keynote Text? the visible text within the circle appeared. I noticed the shape of the text frame can be changed by choosing a different Label Type. I also discovered I can change the text within the circle by selecting 'Custom' for Content Type then changing the text for Content Type.

After closing this Label Setting window I am able place the reference keynote as it appeared in the Label Setting window on the plan. However I am not sure how to use this custom keynote label effectively and link this label to notes on plan? Would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Bala Raman

Powebook G4, AC10
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I know this is an ancient post but it seemed a nice place to put some instructions on how to use my Keynote object label.

Note the instructions below are for the original Label Object, I have subsequently updated it to make it a bit easier for the end user to use but I still would like to make it better yet by adding such features as the ability to stretch the text on screen as well as building a UI to avoid the end user having to tinker with the 2d and Parameter scripts.

The Keynote Label provides a consistent method for adding notes to Detail drawings as well as GA drawings. As our office had a high number of staff who's first language was not english this helped them annotate the drawings in a consistent manner.

As the Keynote Label is a Library object it is kept in the Project specific Library and this means that should a Specification Reference or a note should change then you can edit the Label Object once and all your Detail’s notes will be updated. Albeit the other team members have to reload their Libraries to see the changes.

To use the Keynote Label Object insert a label in your drawing as usual. Select the Label and change the Text pop up menu to select the Keynote Label .

Close the settings dialogue for the Label, with the Label still selected invoke the “Open Library Object” command (Apple + Alt + o).

Once the Library object is open, do a “Save As”, rename the object to to a format that suits your office standards. In this case the keynote is for a work package to do with partitions so it would saved in the following format“Keynote GFB-22” and save the object into the Project specific Library in this case “GFB Symbols”

To enter the keynotes you want into the object make the 2d Script window active by clicking it’s button as shown below.

Scroll down until you start seeing the text shown below....

!------------•••••••TLOTT•••••••••---------
!------------•••••••TLOTT•••••••••---------

To modify the text in each of your Keynotes
replace the text between the quotation marks eg. "Existing concrete column" bit in the keynote below

When I made the notes I limited myself to a maximum of 72 characters per line. You can suss this out using a text editor such as BBedit

To add more lines of text just copy paste the previous line and add a line of code before it as follows

add2 0, -keynht

Here's an example

!------••••-------
108:
add2 0, keynht*2
text2 0,0,"Curtain walling stick system comprising anodised aluminium 'T' shaped"
add2 0, -keynht
text2 0,0,"mullions and transoms (half 'T' shape at floor and ceiling junctions)"
add2 0, -keynht
text2 0,0,"and 'picture frame' capping system. "
add2 0, -keynht
text2 0,0,"WP 070"
!------••••-------

Follow the instructions in the object. Once you have finished editing the Keynotes save the object. Place the labels on your details edit the labels to display the correct note by entering it’s reference number in the Identify field (shown below)

A couple of things to remember...

If there are a number of people working or a project and they are using the same Keynote Label, then if one team member edits the object the other team members won’t be able to access the latest version of the Label Object till a) The person editing the object has saved his changes and b) they have reloaded their ArchiCAD Libaries.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics