Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

List ONLY windows, doors etc. from the Extension of house?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I make schemes list ONLY doors, windows, materials etc. from the house Extension?

Or put another way how to list only elements from parts of the drawing.
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
Please edit your signature ("Profile" text link above) to show your version of AC and computer platform. Answers very often differ based on your version.

Assuming your are using AC 15 and are using the renovation feature to mark your new construction, then just include the Renovation Filter in your schedule Criteria as shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Karl!

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatelly I only use AC 14. But I am planning to upgrade shortely.

Is this possible at all i AC 14?

Appreciate if you could walk me trhrough the bullets to accomplish this.
Right now my drawing consists of 3 floors, and I have extended the entire building's basement and first floor making these longer et the western end of the existing building.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marquee your house extension

Press F5 (on windows) to show only your H.E. in 3d view.
Select all windows

Open window settings, search for parameter Location (if it's an correct archicadobject it will have this parameter)
Set this parameter to "extension" or whatever you like

Set a searchcriteria in your schedule to filter on Location = extension or set your schedule to show the location parameter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TurboGlider
Thank you for your reply. In my Norwegian version of AC 14 I have the field "Plassering" (Location in Norwegian) in the Windows Selection Setting dialog.

I this the one?
And if I marquee all objects for my house extension this way I will be able to list materials, windows, doors etc. for only my house Extension.

Brilliant!

Thank you guys!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yupp, Plassering is the same, Lokalisering/Plats in the Swedish version. I've used it alot for big projects when I have more than one building in same file. First I build my models with my classified windows. Then I show only one building in 3d-view. Choose all windows / doors and so on and set this localisation parameters. Then I could make schedules that shows total number of an ID and also how many of those it should be in every building (and floor).
Anonymous
Not applicable
There seems to to be no corresponding field (Location) to query by in the Scheme Settings dialog.
What am I missing?
Snapshot_2.png
David Maudlin
Rockstar
palengh:

Open the Fields panel, click the Additional Parameters... button, then browse to and select one of the windows that has the parameter you want to add. Look through the Available Parameters list to add that parameter to the Selected Parameters, and it will be added to the Schedule Fields.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
JaredBanks
Mentor
Another solution is to filter by ID. This is how I typically do it. Change the ID of all existing windows to EXISTING. Then exclude them from the schedule criteria. Simple, fast, easy. You can also exclude empty openings in the same manner (label them EMPTY, for instance).

Or if you can, filter by layer, so only include windows/doors on the walls.new layer (or however you label new construction vs. existing construction layers).
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
JaredBanks wrote:
Another solution is to filter by ID. This is how I typically do it. Change the ID of all existing windows to EXISTING. Then exclude them from the schedule criteria. Simple, fast, easy. You can also exclude empty openings in the same manner (label them EMPTY, for instance).

Or if you can, filter by layer, so only include windows/doors on the walls.new layer (or however you label new construction vs. existing construction layers).
We always use the method described by TurboGlider because ID is almost always "used/occupied" according to national rules...ex F12x20HXXXXX (or worse...😉). Actually I'm using one of the free text parameters for this very purpose. I just used it for creating a room schedule (zones) in one model with seven multi storey buildings in it.
I guess location/plassering or "free text" work equally fine.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.