cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Measuring with property objects attatched to zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
When creating a property object to measure from a zone I cannot seem to measure a special reference (ie area of walls less door area of door openings) by using the Custom option in the 'Proportional with' field. Am I missing something obvious or is it just not possible?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

You could do this without the property object, just put the zone calculation right in the zone's own quantity program;

component "wallnetsurfacearea", (ROOM_NET_PERIMETER-ROOM_HOLES_PRM)*ROOM_HEIGHT, "m2"

(...tweak the parameters as needed)

Hope this helps.
--

Regards, Juha
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jahu

Thanks for suggesting that option but I would still like to know if it is possible to achieve the same result with a property object

John
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. This is exactly the function I need from the zone tool (wall area minus doors and windows). Could you explain how to put this calculation into the zone tool script. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to scripting. Thanks so much.

Macbeath.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

You have to open the zone object;

1. Choose a zone in the plan

2. Open it with library part editor; File -> Libraries and objects... -> Open object...

3. Write in the properties program;

component "wallnetsurf", ROOM_WALLS_SURF-ROOM_DOORS_SURF-ROOM_WINDS_SURF, "m2"

4. Save the zone object

Now the wall net surface can be listed in the Lists -> Components.
(Please note that the components can't be listed in the scheldules, only in the old-fashioned lists).

Hope this helps.

--
Juha
Kuva 1.png