cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Finish Schedule-not maintaining data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Version AC11
1114 Build Win update installed

I'm having some problems with the AC11 Finsh Schedule; our created schedule has a column for 'material', our floor covering. The schedule defaults a floor finish of 'general' into the schedule. I manually change the material to 'carpet' or VCT' or whatever. The changes lasts as long as it takes me to save. If I exit the program and save, when I open it again, all those changes are not maintained, and I get 'GENERAL' again in my finish schedule.

In the zone identifier (using Zone Identifier 11), there is not a parameter listing to manually change that for the schedule or tweak it.

I appreciate any help at all-
Kathleen
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I'll contact you by email, Kathleen ... too many possibilities...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Kathleen has indeed come across a reproducible bug in 11 build 1114 that did not exist in AC 10. (I don't have any prior builds of 11 loaded to see when the bug cropped up.)

She is using the Zone element's Material as the value of her floor finish. I don't recommend this since this is really the material that the zone renders itself with when viewed in 3D....and also you are limited to choosing an existing ArchiCAD material, rather than typing in a specification name.

But, there's no reason someone couldn't choose her approach - or which to schedule the 3D material for other reasons!

In build 1114, scheduling the Material field for a zone results in the display of GENERAL, regardless of the material actually selected for the zone.

Changing the value via the pop-up in the interactive schedule does indeed change the material for the associated zone - but it appears once again as GENERAL when the schedule is regenerated.

If you want to schedule the 3D material of a zone, you are out of luck in build 1114 (US at least).

I recommend that a 'User Defined n' field from the zone stamp be used for floor finish and other data anyway. You can enter any text in this field, and whatever you enter will show up in the zone settings dialog as well as in the schedule, for editing in either place. (If you use a 'Custom text n' field from the 'General' parameters, you can also enter any text - but you won't see this text when examining an individual zone.)

I'll make sure GS tech support is aware of this issue. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
I recommend that a 'User Defined n' field from the zone stamp be used for floor finish and other data anyway. You can enter any text in this field, and whatever you enter will show up in the zone settings dialog as well as in the schedule, for editing in either place.
...unless you run across my problem, here, still an unsolved mystery.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004