Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

My Archicad 26 EDU is not saving any file type!!! Need to export it to lumion

chidz
Participant

My Archicad 26 EDU is not saving any file type!!! Need to export it to lumion but no file type seems to save as on Archicad. Upon trying to save it, it gets stuck on 1% and doesn't move for over an hour. This is a pretty heavy file that has a few skyrises, but surely something has to work!!!

Operating system used: Windows

4 REPLIES 4
chidz
Participant

Would really appreacite an answer, have my deadline in less than 24 hours and have to produce a few renderings!

GAG
Advocate

@chidz 

Unfortunately, you have not provided any specific technical details about your hardware and software platform (only AC version).

So I could only recommend that you check the weight of your model using the official Polygon Counting Tool (Archicad add-on) included in the Goodies package:

Once installed you can open the PolyCount palette from Windows → Palettes menu. When you open it, it automatically counts the number of the polygons with its default settings.

GAG_0-1717441896283.png

If your model contains thousands or even millions of polygons, you should reduce the number of heavy objects to be exported.

George

Thanks for the reply GAG!. However, when downloading the extension I don't seem to see it in my palette setting? Could it maybe be that I'm on the EDU version?

chidz_0-1717459322148.png

image.png

@chidz wrote:

However, when downloading the extension I don't seem to see it in my palette setting?

I recommend that you install the latest Archicad update after installing the Goodies add-ons.

Then check for the presence of the add-on in Add-on Manager:

GAG_0-1717470163139.png

By the way, I see that you have placed some furniture objects in your building. Try hiding them when you export.

George

Setup info provided by author