Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

PM conversion to DWG missing information

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Hoping somebody can help.

I am using PM 3 and trying to publish to .dwgs. After I convert the file and open in AutoCAD, some of the information is missing.

My layouts in PM have multiple "views" and in AutoCAD, some of these viewports will show up and some do not show any drawing in them. The outline is there but nothing else.

I have read through some of the other postings here and tried some ideas presented to similar sounding issues. However, this has been unsuccessful.
I've tried using different translators and creating custom translators. Playing around with display settings.

I am using ArchiCAD 8.0, I.T. can't find the 8.1 upgrade disk, so unable to do that, though not sure if that would solve this either. Original .plns and .pmks were saved from ArchiCAD 7.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadmonkey

In AutoCAD check your "maxactvp" variable. This determines how many viewports will display their contents when in paperspace. (Maximum Active Viewports)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart,

Just tried it, unfortunately, no luck.

CM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you looking at your AutoCAD drawing in Paperspace or Modelspace? If in Modelspace are all the different views there when you zoom extents?

The maxactvp variable - did you set it to something high, like 48? (more than number of viewports on paperspace layout)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at in Paperspace. However, when I switch to Modelspace, the only thing there is the titleblock. This was brought in to PM as a .pmk, so not sure why this one shows up where the others do not.

I set the maxactmv to "20" . It was set to "16", at most I might have 8-10 .pmks brought into a layout. A couple of drawings only 2 or 3 .pmks.

One thing that I have remembered, but can't recall if it happened in all cases, is the .dwgs that seem to have the viewports empty, are where changes were made in the original .pln and the .pmk files were updated.
As I said earlier, originals done in ArchiCAD 7.0 and now using 8.0.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know how well you know AutoCAD, and I'm forgetting stuff 'cos I haven't used it in a couple of years, so please bear with me if you know all this already......
If in Paperspace you use the MV (mview) command and turn one of the viewports ON that is currently not displaying, does anything show up? And in Modelspace when only the title block is visible did you zoom extents?

I had a look at default DWG options in PM3 and it is set to "place Plotmaker drawings into" <Modelspace>, so if that's the setting you are using I really don't know why information is not showing up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is weird.

I republished a drawing and tried your last recommendation. It didn't work. But, in frustration I also went mview and created a new window to fit. Everything shows up!! When I go zoom extents in modelspace, everything is there, scattered every which way.

When I tried the zoom extents in modelspace earlier on a previous save, there was nothing there. Not sure if republishing had anything to do with this, but at last, everything is there.

Thanks for your help!

CM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, the wonders of technology.