Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Repetitive text in a schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am doing a finish schedule and have a custom text field as one of the columns. The text in this field needs to be the same for a large portion of the rooms in the schedule. Is there a way for me to enter it in without having to go through and type it in individually for each room?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
You can copy/paste vs typing of course. But the quickest method when there are more than a handful of fields to be set to the same value is to select the common elements in 3D and edit their settings = field values there.

I assume you're doing your finish schedule via zones. The only wrinkle to the above is that by default, zones do not appear in 3D. Go to View > Elements in 3D View > Filter and Cut Elements in 3D (or use a toolbar button, shortcut, etc.) ... and check the box to display Zones in 3D. Consider turning everything else either off ... or to wireframe so that you can more easily select the multiple zones you need to modify. Of course, if you need to modify all zones, just activate the zone tool and cmd/ctrl-A (Select All) to select them.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB