BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

!Restored: from archicad11 to artlantis r-studio

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everybody...
i am working in archicad11, and i render my 3d models in art lantis r-studio.i have a problem with exporting 3d file from archicad.when i go to save it as .atl document, there appears a little window: cannot write output files.
can anybody help me?
36 REPLIES 36
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks Djordje. But that's just documentation, no software.

I've tested with a vanilla Archicad file, created from the default template, with just a few non-zero walls in it.

Still no .atl SaveAs option. And as I said , the plugin is there, it's just seems that Archicad doesn't read it. YOu can see the available options above, and from that list, you may conclude that I'm actually trying to save from the correct 3D window. And I can assure you that it is in Perspective mode.

And since the AC11 plugin isn't available to download, I guess can't replace it with less than a whole re-install of Archicad (I tried downloading and re-installing ArtlantisR but that didn't give me a new plugin).

I dunno if it's something I've done. I use Artlantis just occasionally, but I've certainly used it within AC11 before.

Is it possible that one add-on can disable another? The last thing I installed in the Archicad folder was Objective a couple of weeks ago. But that may be just a coincidence.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rakela Raul
Participant
i just checkd for you Thomas and no problem with my ac11....my atl is at the bottom of list
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Thomas Holm
Booster
OK. Thanks. I guess only option left is to re-install
Karl Ottenstein
Thomas wrote:
I checked - I've got an ArtlantisRStudio_Out.bundle in the Addons/Import-Export folder. It's version Artlantsi_Out version 3.0 build (109) dated May 28 2007.
For some reason Archicad doesn't read it?
That's what I've got, too, Thomas. So, it's really odd that that Artlantis output option doesn't appear in your drop-down list. (It is second from the bottom when I'm looking at the same dialog as your screenshot on my Mac.)

Djordje's note I think only applies when the add-on fails to export. But, not seeing the add-on at all is pretty weird....

Go to Options > Add-On Manager and see if "Artlantis R Out" is listed. Shows up for me with a checkmark and the Add-On Info panel confirms the location in the interface.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
Go to Options > Add-On Manager and see if "Artlantis R Out" is listed. Shows up for me with a checkmark and the Add-On Info panel confirms the location in the interface.
I did. It's NOT listed.

But when I open the 'Edit List of Available Add-Ons' pane, and then 'Search for more Add-On' and point to the existing addons>export-import folder, it's there but i can't select it, it's still greyed out even when I de-select the 'Hide loaded Add-Ons' checkbox. I'm stumped. It seems Archicad thinks it has loaded it despite that it hasn't!

I did some checking in the Finder. The Artlantis thingy is the only one that has a .bundle extension and type: package, except Objective. All the other add-ons have no extensions, have a puzzlepiece icon, and are of type LOC_CFBundleTypeName_something. That tells me nothing!

But I guess the thing has got corrupt some way.

I'll hold of reinstalling a little, but I can't replace it with one from another machine, because mine is still the only Intel mac in the office.

Edited: I've also checked file permissions. I can't find a problem there either.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem (cannot write output file) when i tried to export an .atl file. The problem is with some library part from AC11 library (for exemple LCDmonitor). I read on Artlantis support that someone had the same problem with wicker chair, wicker sofa and wicker table too. There may be some other library parts that cause the same problem but I only found these ones. Try to exclude them from your file (if you are using them) and tell us if it works this way.
Karl Ottenstein
Cristina wrote:
I had the same problem (cannot write output file) when i tried to export an .atl file...
This is a different problem than Thomas is having in this thread, but thanks for mentioning it again. 😉 It was interesting to note that these library parts are supposedly 'known' by GS to cause problems:
LCD Monitor
Wicker Chair
Wicker Table
Wicker Sofa
Yet, they never notified us here! Here is the thread on the Abvent forums where you found the problem and Abvent revealed more issues:
http://www.abvent.com/support/forum/read.php?fid=atl_import_us&mes=975

Speaking of issues, apparently Artlantis 1.2.6 will not run on Leopard!
http://www.abvent.com/support/forum/read.php?fid=atl_general_us&mes=8285

Back on topic...Thomas does not even have the export option - the add-on does not show up on his Intel Mac for some reason. I'm sure he'll post again when he has it figured out, but I know other people on Intel Macs are not having problems, so it is a strange thing...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
About the problem that Thomas is having... I remember that the first time i installed Archicad I couldn't pick the atl file either. I had Archicad repaired and then I installed an export pluggin for AC10. After that the atl file apeared on the list but I couldn't tell if the problem was solved by repairing Archicad or by installing the pluggin for AC10. I'm sorry I can't tell you more.
I was having the same problem with AC11 1086, OS X.10, on a 2x2Ghz Mactel. Another computer with the same system and AC release was not having the problem. When I copied the add-on from the working computer into the non-working computer, the non-working computer kept on not working. And it showed the same 3D cube Lego icon the non-working bundle was showing before, instead of the typical 2D puzzle piece icon it showed on the working computer.

In one of the attempts I iChated the package to my computer, and in the process it lost its extension and showed up on my desktop as a regular folder. I manually added the .bundle to the folder name, and glory glory hallelujah the icon turned into the puzzle icon and after putting that into my Add-Ons folder replacing what was there before everything now works.

I am attaching 2 zipped packages, one do-it-yourself pre-.bundle-force-typing and the other one after, which is the exact working thing I have in my computer now. (2nd file goes in following post because of file-size limitations.)

It seems as if the System or some other evil entity is modifying the file based on its extension or some other unix abstruse file in the package, or something in the installation was messed up in some related way.

I miss the days when you could just ResEdit out of this type of problems.
Ignacio wrote:
(2nd file goes in following post because of file-size limitations.)
Learn and get certified!