cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ShareYourDesign

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a new web-based BIM collaboration solution for ArchiCAD-based offices.
In the beta phase it is free to use:

http://www.tenlinks.com/news/PR/profm_software/080211_vintocon_partnership.htm

Anyone who have tried it please share you experiences.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me also supplement the comments:

Skype is for only on-line communication. If both parties are on-line, then it is fine to use, but you are right, a personal discussion is much better. That is the moment when SyD is worth to use (or when they don’t have time to meet, but there are questions to clarify). As architect open up the computer and start documenting the building model, add comment to any details that might have questions, needs clarification. Every decision or ongoing issue can easily be added to any drawing element. Later on both the architect and client can watch it, comment it and review it in an ordered way. All the discussions can easily be reached with their history, so there won’t be any opened question or misunderstood concept. You can easily find still opened and already closed topics.

The example with Google Wave is also a very good idea. The only two problems of Google Wave was that it was not focused, you could have many unordered discussions about anything, so that it is not the right way of doing a serious, focused discussion on the planning or construction phase of a building.
The second one - Krippahl also mentioned - it doesn’t work from ArchiCAD. The screen capture could be made on Mac or Windows simply, but that screen capture doesn’t connect to any BIM model element. You even can’t status the particular Message Board in Google Wave (I think they were named “waves”), so it’s not easy to filter on ongoing issues in a particular BIM model (let us imagine that as a successful Architect you have more ongoing projects).

So as a result I would say Skype is a very good tool as well as Google Wave was too, but none of them can be compared to SyD that is a focused application to help the collaboration of architects using ArchiCAD with their clients.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I agree with Matthew.. it is rather plethora of software that is usually involved. When I worked on bigger projects we used an online project management tool called Aconex. It virtually tracks changes based on drawing revisions and manages all RFIs etc. and much more... it is full on professional thing. I am not sure though how much you have to pay for usage as this was always covered by developer-client expenditure.

Unfortunately a real project workflow is not based on comments per element. Mate, you would end up with thousands of RFIs! Also it does not work across professions this way. At the moment the standard for such communication seems to be the revision process based on paper docs or electronic sheets with full history etc. Remember this industry is using people on a site to deliver the final product so they need a paper to work with. Unless you would like to hand out iPad to every concreter, bricklayer etc ....not really a frugal option I would say.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Robert, Once again, many thanks for your valuable comments, we’ll do our best to process them accordingly (to utilize them in future releases).
aahatimo
Newcomer
any news, improvements or comments about this , 'share your design' program?
http://www.shareyourdesign.com/Default.aspx
i just saw a link to it on jlc online forum.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure there are news, check the site on WEB, on twitter and Facebook as well.
- It is no more in Beta
- New functions as redlining
- New languages available as Japanese, German and Hungarian
- You can print out the documentation directly from WEB
and we are working on some extra surprises
Anonymous
Not applicable
The iPad client of Share Your Design is coming soon. We will post here more information about it soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
After a lots of work we have released the first mobile version of Share Your Design. From now on it is simple to discuss any issues with your Architect, Interior Designer or any kind of Designer.

Another benefit: use your camera to start discussion on the spot, redline the images, add comments and instantly share them with all others working on the same project.

The app is free, download it now from http://bit.ly/iOSSyD!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!