Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SketchUp for Archicad 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
There was a really great plugin for ArchiCAD 9. Is there one for ArchiCAD 10 yet? I looked all over the Graphisoft website and I cannot find it. My graduate studio at the University of Maryland is actually using ArchiCAD 10 for studio this semester and the Sketch Up plugin would be great.

The semester starts Wednesday. Any chance I it will be released before then?

Thanks for making ArchiCAD 10 free!
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange, works on IE at home (Windows 2000 though), but thanks for the link Dennis. Other than bypassing the registration page, it should be o.k.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to import a SketchUp file with AC10. I downloaded the SketchUp for AC10 and put it in the import/export file of the Add-on folder. Yet I see no option to import under "Open", "Merge" or "Design Extras." What have I done wrong?
__archiben
Booster
Sam wrote:
I am trying to import a SketchUp file with AC10. I downloaded the SketchUp for AC10 and put it in the import/export file of the Add-on folder. Yet I see no option to import under "Open", "Merge" or "Design Extras." What have I done wrong?
so you posted here as well as randomly sending personal messages to people you think might be able to help you?

i assume you are using a PC (you haven't given us any important information like that) since there is no MAC version available yet? if not, that might well be your problem.

have you restarted archicad as well? it will only load new add-ons when it starts up . . .
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dennis Lee
Booster
Have you tried changing the type of files to open in the "OPEN" dialog box to show Sketchup files?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replying. I didn't mean to offend anyone by sending them the same message. So I am sorry if I did.
I am using a PC. I did the restart thing with no luck. I still cant find the SKP (skp) file under the dropdown menu under "Open file" and "Files of type."
I am thinking I might have put the addon file it in the wrong folder? I couldn't find any installation instructions on the Graphisoft web site where I downloaded it. So installed it like all the other addons.
I tried to do a workaround by saving a kmz file from sketchup with the latest google earth addon (import export) but got a window that said something like must import from a google earth kmz file. So I tried that and the whole program shut down.
I dont know. Might just need to reload the program and start clean.
Once again sorry if I bothered anyone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I feel a little dumb.
It seems the SKP add-on does not work like all the other add-ons that are on the goodie site even though the icon that you download looks like the other ones.
Most of the others you need to manually place the file in various places in the "Add-ons" folder. Yet the SKP add-on file is really just a install file that just needs to be double clicked.
Sorry to waste your time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
We are happy to announce that the SketchUp® import add-on for Archicad 10 - International/German/Japanese for Windows® - has been launched. The SketchUp import add-on for Archicad allows users to easily re-use as much of the SketchUp model data in Archicad as possible, without the need to manually rework it.
I'm using AC v10 with the appropriate add-on trying to import a small test Sketchup file. Clicking the 'Import' button causes AC to close in about ten seconds. No warning message. I contacted support, sent them the file and they had the same problem. This happens with .skp v5 and v6. They implied the solution is to upgrade AC. Rather not. Anyone have a better idea?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Try bringing it in as a library part.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Try bringing it in as a library part.
It would be an object that way, right? I would like to bring it in as slabs, walls, roofs as advertised. I've imported via 3ds. Thanks.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes, it would be an object. Can you export from sketchup as either an IFC or .3ds file? Those can be brought in retaining their basic elements.

I remember there were some problems with sketchup in 10, but I don't remember if there was a way to get it to work. If I think of it I'll post back.

I just thought of a possible 3rd way. Bring it in as a library object and then Explode it. When you do there are two options, one to keep original elements. I am not sure if this will work, but it could be worth a try.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"