BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Translator bug in 8.1?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I submitted a reply to another thread, but feel I need to start a new one on this topic. I am having trouble importing DXF files into AC 8.1 from Maya. I was able to do this with relatively no problems in AC 8, but after a fresh install of 8.1, SOME of my models will import into AC without problems, and some will not, with the same translator. Anyone have any info on this, or maybe a workaround?
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh, ok, how would i go about getting it to you?
Anonymous
Not applicable
let me know if you can't download the file, ill try it again if you can't.
Ok, seems i cant download the scene file myself into this thread, do you have an email Dwight?
Dwight
Newcomer
dwight_atkinson@telus.net
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
wow, i must be really slow from this past weekends football games, i just cought your private message with your address.

It sounds to me like i need to learn GDL either way, as my workflow is at a snails pace. whether it be learning how to model these small radius curves within AC, or learning how to translate, and correctly get the files into AC after i model them in Maya
Learn and get certified!