Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Vitruvian Studio 1.0 - Interactive (Web 3D) Walk-through -

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vitruvian Studio 1.0 is a professional and easy to use tool in the field of Realtime 3D. It improves (one click process) the VRML generated by ArchiCAD (Graphisoft) and transforms AC 3D scenes in optimum interactive Web 3D walk-throughs within minutes.
Examples and demo version are available at http://www.vitruvian-studio.com

VRML is designed to be used on the Internet, intranets, and local client systems. VRML is also intended to be a universal interchange format for integrated 3D graphics and multimedia.
VRML models can be used for collaboration, model checking, work process integration, electronic design review, sales, and marketing with architects, owners, engineers, detailers, fabricators, erectors, contractors, designers.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
good !!
Karl Ottenstein
Giovanni wrote:
Vitruvian Studio 1.0 is a professional and easy to use tool in the field of Realtime 3D, which improves (one click process) the VRML generated by ArchiCAD (Graphisoft) and transforms AC 3D scenes in optimum interactive Web 3D walk-throughs within minutes.
Examples and demo version are available at http://www.vitruvian-studio.com
Very cool. I'm impressed with the file size reduction in the examples I looked at - key for email or internet.

The navigation was a bit jerky on my computer - mouse sputtered across the screen (3GHz Pentium 4) - will be curious is someone comments on a faster (or dual proc) computer).

I was impressed with the 3D guy standing in front of the animated big screen TV in the very small example called Pavillon:
http://www.vitruvian-studio.com/examples_b.html
Is he an RPC object?

Is a Mac version planned?

You might also want to post a message in the 'Ads' forum ...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I was impressed with the 3D guy standing in front of the animated big screen TV in the very small example called Pavillon:
http://www.vitruvian-studio.com/examples_b.html
Is he an RPC object?
No he is not an RPC object, it is a real 3D model in vrml format (90 kb + 15 kb of textures), added into the scene as external object.
Karl wrote:
Is a Mac version planned?
Vitruvian Studio uses Cortona Technology (from Parallelgraphics), and at the moment this technology does not work on Mac.
This is due to the fact that very great part of internet users run on Windows.
Anyway the VRML generated by ArchiCAD is the same (same code) on both O.S. (Win and Mac) and VS can optimize the Mac VRML as well. Also there are vrml-viewer for Mac, but they are much less developed (the quality of the real-time viewing is not so good).

Giovanni
Brett Brown
Advocate
Can anyone who is using this program advise me of pros and cons they have come across.
The examples are all I need, and I have used one of my projects in the demo.
The interior wall colours don't seem to match what I imported and is very bright.
Any user comments would be appreciated Thanks
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Giovanni wrote:
Vitruvian Studio uses Cortona Technology (from Parallelgraphics), and at the moment this technology does not work on Mac.
This is due to the fact that very great part of internet users run on Windows.
Anyway the VRML generated by ArchiCAD is the same (same code) on both O.S. (Win and Mac) and VS can optimize the Mac VRML as well. Also there are vrml-viewer for Mac, but they are much less developed (the quality of the real-time viewing is not so good).

Giovanni
No Mac version? A software marketed to another software userbase (ArchiCAD) with a huge installed Mac base and it isn't offered in that platform?

Thanks for stopping by the booth Vitruvian Studio.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
has anyone on the board purchased this??
anyone on the board used it??

thanks in advance Cary
Brett Brown
Advocate
I purchased it even after not getting any answers to my questions above and emailing there support. It does what is shown on there web site. For me it is quicker to make a fly-walk through of your project than the VR object. And is better for the client as they can explore where they want to go. Try the examples on the web site, explains it best.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett.....thanks so much for the response.
stefan
Expert
I use the Cortona VRML client on my Powerbook in Safari on OSX. There are also standalone VRML viewers for MAC (e.g. FreeWRL) which work OK.

The situation is better on PC, but it is at least usable.

Even though the VRML format is old, it is still a standard. How the viewer will render it is up to the software. It would be nice to have a VRML viewer using current shader technology to display realtime shadows, reflections and environment mapping. Some extensions on top of VRML exist for Blaxxun Contact and for Cortona, but both of them incompatible with eachother.

But full graphics quality on the level of current games is probably not available in any VRML viewer at the moment.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!