Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Win iPod Nano with MaxonForm!

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Graphisoft invites you to its first Free Form Modeling Contest!

Send your designs created with ArchiCAD 9 combined with MaxonForm to win an iPod Nano! The winner project should reflect the new design possibilities MaxonForm adds to existing ArchiCAD features.

Please submit your ArchiCAD models in PLA format and at least two rendered image of your building not later than November 11, 2005 to this FTP link. (Please compress all your files in one single ZIP. The name of the file should contain your full name. Drop this ZIP to into our FTP site. Note: You can not create folders, and can not see uploaded files on our FTP) Your contact details should be given in a textbox placed at the project origin of the submitted PLA.

Submissions will be judged by a panel at Graphisoft, and the winning design will be published on Graphisoft’s official website. Winner(s) consent that Graphisoft uses the submitted rendered image of their building -properly referenced- in their marketing materials.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
11 REPLIES 11
__archiben
Booster
gergely

how about either graphisoft or maxon posting maxonform as a downloadable demo which runs out after 11th november . . . with a chance to win a copy of that???!!!

ben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
stefan
Expert
~/archiben wrote:
gergely

how about either graphisoft or maxon posting maxonform as a downloadable demo which runs out after 11th november . . . with a chance to win a copy of that???!!!

ben
Good suggestion!
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
gergely

ben
hear hear!
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
~/archiben wrote:

ben
This is an excellent idea, but I'm afraid it is not possible.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
TomWaltz
Participant
gkmethy wrote:
~/archiben wrote:

ben
This is an excellent idea, but I'm afraid it is not possible.
So you want us to spend ~$500 to win a $200 product?
Tom Waltz
stefan
Expert
If the answers sound a bit ironic, this is mainly because the MaxonForm product, although promising, needs some real support: you cannot try it, I have not seen it live and I don't have any information about an educational or non-commercial license.
There is also little or no info on the possibilities of combining MaxonForm with the regular Cinema4D and the ArchiCAD-Exchange plugin (which I think should be able to be bundled so you get the best of both worlds: the ArchiCAD building model + freeform modelling and rendering and animation in Cinema4D).

So I hope the competition gains some nice results, but at the moment, it's difficult to enter...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
__archiben
Booster
stefan wrote:
So I hope the competition gains some nice results, but at the moment, it's difficult to enter...
exactly. i guess it'll be the beta testers and the early adapters that get a chance to enter. is there anybody out there that has actually bought a license rather than having beta tested it? before investing in a product such as this, i would need to try it out. period. i don't want somebody showing me what it can do because a demonstrator knows to avoid the pitfalls. (i upgraded to archiCAD 8 after seeing a demonstration!)

i've been looking through the tutorials and i do want to give it a go. by making it available as a fully working demo more people could try it and the competition would yield more results.

but this 'competition' sounds more like another stunningly optimistic idea from graphisoft's marketing monkeys if you ask me . . . or is it there another 'archiCAD 8' lurking beneath the (organic) surface?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
i don't want somebody showing me what it can do because a demonstrator knows to avoid the pitfalls. (i upgraded to archiCAD 8 after seeing a demonstration!)
but this sounds more like another stunning idea from graphisoft's marketing monkeys if you ask me . . . or is it there another 'archiCAD 8' lurking beneath the (organic) surface?
my words mate
GS marketing department has got very, very perplexing approach...
::rk
Akos Bezegh
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

I am glad to see how many of you are interested in the iPod. It’s clear to me that we didn’t clearly announce goals of this little competition.This is not a “marketing-sales pitch” to sell more licenses of MaxonForm. Rather, the iPod is intended to encourage existing MaxonForm users to submit their models.

The aim of this contest is to reach those architects and students who already have MaxonForm. Many of these people – and there are over a thousand already - are probably creating beautiful models right now. We at Graphisoft would like to see these models, and possibly publish the best ones, giving all the credit to the creator. We want to show the ArchiCAD community what their fellow architects are doing with MaxonForm. Since MaxonForm is such a new product, we thought a contest could speed up this process, giving it some initial momentum.

If you do want to purchase MaxonForm for this contest, that is of course great. I believe MaxonForm a very useful product, well worth its price, and even if you do not win the iPod you’ll have a lot of fun with it. And believe or not, ArchiCAD and MaxonForm are the best combination to design and document organic shapes.

Unfortunately, there is no demo version of MaxonForm, and we will not be able to create one in the near future. Of course those with full commercial, educational and “Add-on Only” (for CINEMA 4D users) versions of MaxonForm are all welcome to take part in the contest.
Akos
Bezegh

ArchiCAD
Product
Manager

GSHQ