Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Working with data generated by schedule calculations

ares997
Contributor
Is it possible to access the data of one schedule with another one? So if have the area's of a total and want to reference another table that was generated?

Why isn't it possible to manipulate the schedule easily within the schedule setting/preview window? It seems like the columns and rows should be easily moved and organized. As well as the data should become variables on that sheet that can be accessed in other areas easily?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use the ODBC driver (Open DataBase Connectivity, a standard database access method) to look into the projects' data. Download here.

Then will need other software to process the data. I know it works, but I never had the urge to look deeper.
Karl Ottenstein
The ODBC driver for Windows allows a subset of the model information to be queried, through an Access database for example. I cannot tell from the question if it is appropriate in this case.

ares997 - could you give a precise example of one of the kinds of things you'd like to accomplish? Then perhaps we can advise you better.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ares997
Contributor
The reason for my question is that I would like to be able to take existing zones and new zones and compare the difference between the two conditions. Simple tenant improvement calculations like existing square footage to new square footage.

Though I think once I understand that there are a few other areas where simple area calculations and understanding objects within a specific area would help for more simple structural calculations, and code calculations.

So in the more complex calculation thought would there be a place where you can insert equations? Would that place only be within GDL? So if you did create a calculating object (which might be the wrong method) would you then be able to send the results of the various equations into schedule?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, if you have a GDL object that computes something, it can be scheduled via the 'Additional Parameters' option.

No objects / elements are 'aware' of any others, though, so from within GDL you cannot compare one zone to another.

A custom add-on could be programmed to access stuff like that, though not an easy or user-oriented task.

From a user point of view, the ODBC add-on may be the way to go, at least for comparing zoned, etc. From Microsoft Access, you can perform whatever kind of joins and comparison calcs you want and display it attractively in a report ... that is then sent to a PDF that can be placed on a layout. But, with various manual steps ... and with careful naming of the zones to let your database queries identify the old vs new easily. All of this is still beyond the normal skill level of most architects.

Alternatively, schedules for each group of zones can be published to text csv files which can then be brought into Filemaker (Mac or Win) or Access (Win) to do the data join and comparision.

Bottom line - anything other than simple scheduling is way too complicated in ArchiCAD and the process should be made easier.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Michael
Contributor
ares997: would like to be able to take existing zones and new zones and compare the difference between the two conditions.
As you are listed as an OPS user, why not try this in OPS ? Export your model, with zones only shown, to an IFC file, Import the IFC into OPS, and make the comparison you desire. If there becomes a modified result because of your analysis, then you can export an IFC back into AC, and very quickly !

A couple of how to attachments for you from OPS are here.........
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
Michael
Contributor
second attachment
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10