Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Net Area calculation rules

Diana C
Participant

Hello,

I am trying to make a schedule of wall Surface Net Area, that is increased by 5% after all calculations (I mean after reducing SEOs, trims etc. from gross). Is it possible to achieve something like that in some more direct way than having a separate Property with expression "Surface Net Area * 1.05"? Since I'll be doing the same for all Net Areas I'm calculating, it looks a bit excessive. Maybe there is something I wasn't able to find in Calculation Rules or in Schedule parameters?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and ideas!

Operating system used: Windows 22H2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Schedules do not perform calculations.

They are simply a list of what you have in your project and you can apply total to the rows/columns.

They look a bit like a spreadsheet, but they aren't, so can not perform any calculations other than simple summation.

If you want 105% of the actual values, then you have to do that with Properties, as you mentioned.

Then schedule those property values.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

Schedules do not perform calculations.

They are simply a list of what you have in your project and you can apply total to the rows/columns.

They look a bit like a spreadsheet, but they aren't, so can not perform any calculations other than simple summation.

If you want 105% of the actual values, then you have to do that with Properties, as you mentioned.

Then schedule those property values.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello Barry,
Well, it seems I'll proceed with properties then. Thank you for your reply!

Diana

Setup info provided by author