Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

dwg translator propogating

Anonymous
Not applicable
howdy

running archiCAD v16

one use is having an issue whereby one of our customised dwg translators keeps propogating in the translator list

anyone know why... or how to fix

i have "new & reset" archiCAD....as well as deleting and reinstalling

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

yukioMishima
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we have the same issue with AC 17 (6004 FIN). Every time a DWG translator is used, the translator is copied once per every translated document. Same problem with different projects and translators. I had reported this to our Graphisoft reseller back in June but never got a solution.

The problem also occurs when both the project and translator are local and not on a file server. Screenshot enclosed - JKMM_rajattu_sisalto was in the list only once before I ran the translator.

Btw - anyone know what the lock icon means in that list? Our reseller didn't know...
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
filipp wrote:
Btw - anyone know what the lock icon means in that list? Our reseller didn't know...
The Lock icon means that translator should not be abled to be removed or renamed, so there is always at least one translator available. In your screen shot your extra translators have the lock, but it looks like the Rename... and Remove buttons are active, so maybe that is a clue.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
filipp wrote:
The Lock icon means that translator should not be abled to be removed or renamed, so there is always at least one translator available. In your screen shot your extra translators have the lock, but it looks like the Rename... and Remove buttons are active, so maybe that is a clue.

David
Thanks for that. Interesting, I can indeed rename and remove those just fine...