Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

gbXML Export

Anonymous
Not applicable
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone on this forum who has helped me so far. I've learnt alot and I couldn't have done it without you. Also to the company ' Encina ' who make fantastic add-ons for ArchiCAD has really helped me with my work and understanding ArchiCAD better.

I've just used the gbXML export add on for the first time and I can't belive how easy it was to use. This has saved me from having to draw the building envelope in that horrible software Ecotect, which is where the model is going to be used for the solar analysis etc. The image below shows my building, but from ArchiCAD how can I add the floors to the export and also the windows ? Now the windows were created by the curtain wall tool, then I manually ' fillied in the gaps ' with the wall tool, ( the windows are not ordinary windows so I made them myself ) so this could be why they haven't been exported... Actually thinking about it, I don't think this add on was designed to export the windows...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Capture.PNG
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nathan,

You might try tracing the profile of the curtainwall using an empty freeform window object.

Leave the curtainwall windows where they are, just build the main wall out of a single big wall instead of lots of little infill walls, then place the freeform window into the big wall and adjust the shape in elevation to match. I just described how to use the object here -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=164050

I would imagine the gbXML exporter would then correctly recognise them as windows.

(Evening Ralph!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter,

I've looked at that before, and I have just re-loaded the library parts, however I don't see the Freeform window under the window tool... Is there anyway I can resolve this ?

EDIT: I have just played around with the library and got it to work... Strange, I think my whole library needs a good clean up...

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
This tool is great ! It's going to save me a whole load of time in the long run, but I'm still pleased I used the curtain wall tool previously as I now know how flexible that can also be !

How do I add more hotspots to the freeform window ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was just about to reply to your old message!

In 3d / elevation drag any of the midpoints hotspots to create a new corner. New midpoint hotspots will be formed either side automatically.

Just a note about the 2d cutplane position which is also a little tricky to understand. It measures upwards from where the base of the window was when inserted. If you insert the window with a cill level of 0.00m and move the individual nodes into position, it should work fairly logically, but you will have to adjust it manually if you change the floorplan cutplane level. It isn't automatic, unfortunately.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm making good progress with the window tool, however the window is not visible on the floor plan... Any ideas ?

This tool is extremely fast !

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
NStocks wrote:
I'm making good progress with the window tool, however the window is not visible on the floor plan... Any ideas ?
The main problem I noticed was I can't seem to get it to display on multiple stories, even when set to projected. Is this the problem you're having, or can you not even see it on the storey you placed it on?

The only solution for the multi storey problem I can think of is to temporarily set the freeform window's cutplane height to the equivalent height it would be on the next storey up, use the marquee to select just the area of the window, create a patch, and paste it on the next storey up. You may need to use display order to bring the curtain wall in front of the patch in plan. Change the windows cutplane height back to where it should be for the lower storey.