cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

maxonform and documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am currently working on a spectacular roof design [sorry top secret - think saarinen meets ito] and we are using maxonform and AC9.

We are rapidly getting to the point where this sculpted object from maxonform needs to become a building [gulp].

So I have a few questions :

We are using a painfully slow and manual process of cutting sections at every metre to get RL's which we then place on top of the roof in plan, anyone got a better idea ?

The SolidOperations tool refuses to recognise the roof object as an operator so trimming walls is being done by using a mesh which approximates the roof shape [another painful process] and we are subtracting to that, anyone got a better idea ?

I have also found a C4d plug-in called "SplinePatch" which I would really find useful. However, maxonform is using C4d 9.1x as its core program and the plugin requires 9.6x or better. Will there be an upgrade made to maxonform to bring it in line with the newer version of C4d ?

Also, a little tip to fellow maxonform users - I have found that the forums at cgtalk:http://forums.cgsociety.org/ are a great resource for advice on modelling in maxonform, however the crowd over there are not really drawing with the amount of accuracy required in architecture
3 REPLIES 3
stefan
Expert
Good luck. After a good marketed launch, there is not much new info in MaxonForm. It seems to be stuck at it's current C4D-CORE.

No news, when in the mean time AC10 and AC11 are there is not a good sign

I have been trying it, but my evaluation license expired. And I still have to receive a clear answer from our dealer about availability. They are not eager to sell it, nor to provide it to students.

What you are trying to do is way beyond the intention of MaxonForm: you want the MaxonForm generated geometry to react as real ArchiCAD building elements, which will clearly be problematic.

I have been having mixed succes with SEO's on MaxonForm geometry: I have created a freeform roof using MaxonForm splines and used it to cut of walls. But when the MaxonForm model is updated, this operation is removed. That was about the point when I gave up...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply Stefan, I think I will need to convince my directors to purchase a full C4d licence so that I can use the plug-in, make the resulting roof an 'editable' polygon object, then open that in Maxonform and transfer into Archicad ... not the smoothest workflow by any means ...
stefan
Expert
sjk wrote:
Thanks for your reply Stefan, I think I will need to convince my directors to purchase a full C4d licence so that I can use the plug-in, make the resulting roof an 'editable' polygon object, then open that in Maxonform and transfer into Archicad ... not the smoothest workflow by any means ...
I thought that you can install the plugins from MaxonForm (one for MaxonForm/C4D and one for ArchiCAD) in a regular C4D (but beware of compatibility limitations between versions). Contact the reseller.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book