Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

scale off in DWG output to AutoCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I could use some help with this. I have an Archicad drawing, drawn at 1/4" scale, that I saved as a DWG file. The end user says that she works in Modelspace at 1/8", I believe she uses AutoCAD 2000. She says that the dwg file I send her is very small. What should be 18' for example scales on her computer as about 4 1/2".

What could I be doing wrong?

Also - she said everything seems to be grouped in a block and is difficult to edit.

I have been saving these from Archicad 9, from Plotmaker I just got Archicad 11 and have tried saving form there as well but the end result seems to be the same on her end.

Mac G4 OSX 10.4.10

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Thomas Holm
Booster
Scale depends on the DWGUNIT that you set in your translator when exporting. The reciever must use the same unit or scale will be off, example 1 dwgunit = 1 ", or better, 1 dwgunit = 1 mm

However, I remember a bug in the AC9 dwgtranslator - it incorrecly didn't set the INSUNITS parameter to the same DWGUNIT. But I thought that affected only metric translations.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1