BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Snow Globe series: Snowy Pasargad by Sepideh Kolahi

Rubia Torres
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Welcome to our series of articles from the Snow Globe Challenge!Snow Globe_Sepideh Kolahi.jpeg

We invited some of the participants of the challenge to elaborate on their entries, share their workflows and tips&tricks.

Enjoy and feel free to drop us a comment if you have any questions.

Welcome Sepideh Kolahi!

Tomb of Cyrus the Great

For this challenge, I chose the tomb of Cyrus the Great - the great king of Iran. It is about 6th century BC and it's very important for Iranian people. During Nowruz, the Persian New Year, celebrations are held annually around the tomb by Iranians who gather from all around the country. Iranians respect Cyrus the Great as the founder of Iran and the Persian Empire.

Cyrus II commonly known as Cyrus the Great and also called Cyrus the Elder by the Greeks, was the founder of the Achaemenid Empire, the first Persian empire. 

Cyrus the GreatCyrus the Great

Cyrus is well-known for having respected the customs and religions of the lands he conquered. He is also recognized for his achievements in human rights, politics, and military strategy, as well as his influence on both Eastern and Western civilizations. Cyrus has played a crucial role in defining the national identity of modern Iran.

Tomb of Cyrus, is the final resting place of Cyrus the Great, the founder of the ancient Achaemenid Empire. The mausoleum is located in Pasargadae, an archaeological site in the Fars Province of Iran. It is one of the key Iranian cultural heritage sites.

Tomb of Cyrus the Great in PasargadaeTomb of Cyrus the Great in Pasargadae

During Nowruz, the Persian New Year, celebrations are held annually around the tomb by Iranians which gather from all around the country. Iranians respect Cyrus the Great as the founder of Iran and the Persian Empire.

Nowruz in PasargadaeNowruz in Pasargadae

Nowruz is the Iranian New Year, also known as the Persian New Year, which begins on the spring equinox, marking the first day of Farvardin, the first month of the Iranian solar calendar. It is celebrated worldwide by various ethnolinguistic groups and falls on or around March 21 of the Gregorian calendar. 

Check out below the modelling of the Tomb of Cyrus:

Get to know Sepideh Kolahi:

Sepideh is an architect, sculptor and painter based in Iran. She has a Master's degree in Architecture with focus on sustainable design, using active and passive strategies for saving energy.

Tehran, Iran

Connections:

You can connect or follow her on LinkedIn;

And check out her work on Instagram and Youtube.

Check out our series of articles about the Snow Globe designs

Buckminster Fuller Snow Globe by Heimo Mooslechner
Christmas In Space Snow Globe by Kamen Nikolov

Happy New Year Snow Globe by Bart Cuppens

Santa's SPA Snow Globe by Andrii Levko

Comments
Kourosh
Participant

I am very happy that you were able to win the competition. This helps to make the history of Iran better known to some extent. I hope you always win

Arty party
Participant

Good job. 👍 and 

Nima karimi
Participant

Great 👍 👌 👍 👌  I hope you always win 🏆

Nana
Participant

My friend ,that's great. It is the best design .

Kourosh
Participant

🤌🤌

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!